ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ 2022 (ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1)

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

Many would describe Rhea Ripley as a prodigy

Many would describe Rhea Ripley as a prodigy. At only 24, she has long already proved herself to be a franchise player and someone to bank on for the future.

One year almost to the day of her initial signing with WWE, she went from rookie to inaugural NXT UK women's champion. The next year, she led her teams to Survivor Series and WarGames victories and won the NXT Women's Championship.

Now, she's one of the top women on Raw and is only getting better as time goes on. She has every tool at her disposal and will likely go down as one of the best ever.

Considering the fact that she almost won last years Royal Rumble, you could say that she's a potential favourite to win the whole thing this year. But tonight, she didn't quite feel that way, anybody could be coming out tonight.

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

Leia was pacing up and down in her wrestling gear, to say that she was nervous would be an understatement. Although she had quite a lot of friends backstage, she couldn't help but let the feeling of anxiousness wash over her. Even a few people that she hadn't met before were excited to see her backstage.

The thought of going into the rumble without any experience with this type of match set an uneasy feeling in her stomach, she felt as if the odds were stacked up against her; she hasn't wrestled competitively for years, there's a lot of talent that she hasn't been up against yet. For instance, Bianca Belair. She's watched a few of her matches and has heard a lot from her friend, Bayley, about her. Truth be told, the things she's seen from the newer wrestlers had really impressed her.

Seeing as she had time to kill, she began stretching to warm up before the match. Stretching her arms over her head, she closed her eyes and began to get herself in the right headspace. After a couple of minutes, she took a few deep breaths. Looking at her reflection, she could see a certain woman watching her.

A tall figure, dressed in orange and black leather, approached her snapping her out of her inner monologue. "You're Leia, correct?", Leia didn't even have to look over to know who it was, the Australian accent made it obvious. She had also watched a few of the aussie's matches, instantly intrigued by the girl.

"Nice to meet you, I've been a fan of yours for a long time." Rhea outwardly admitted to the older female, immediately regretting it.

Leia looked over towards her smiling, "Thank you, it means a lot." She spoke to the short-haired blonde.

Leia studied the woman from head to toe, she couldn't deny the fact that she was super hot. Rhea leaned against the lockers behind them smirking, "Might even feel bad when I eliminate ya tonight." She said with a grin and certain tone in her voice making Leia raise a brow. "Let's not get too confident before the match, Ripley" Leia casually responded to her.

She was met with a playful smile on the woman's lips, seeing her eyebrow raised as well. It was surprisingly easy to get along with the woman.

Suddenly, Natalya, also an old friend of Leia's, came rushing in to the locker room. "Ladies, It's time to go out there and put on a show" she announced to all the women in the room.

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

"The following is the 30-woman Royal Rumble match," the audience cheered and and screamed, "in this match, two superstars will start inside the ring, every 90 seconds another will enter the match, eliminations will occur when a superstar is thrown over the top rope with both feet hitting the floor. Now the last remaining superstar will be declared the winner and will receive a championship match at WrestleMania!" The crowd cheered again at the mention of the popular wrestling event.

"Let's find out who drew unlucky number one"

"Oh, someone I think can handle it if anyone can, The Boss herself." First out is Sasha Banks, who of course made a shocking return from injury just one day ago on SmackDown.
Leia has met the woman, although they don't get along that well, they still held respect for each other.

She watched as the bluenette made her entrance, she'd never admit it out loud, but Sasha's Sailor Moon inspired attire looked amazing on her.

"Introducing first, from Boston, Massachusetts, Sasha Banks!", they announced and she made her way down the ramp, grinning at the crowd. She had finally made her way to the ring.

"Let's see who else shares in the Boss' unfortunate luck, Number 2 not a whole lot better," And next... out comes the red carpet for former champion Melina, making her the first 'legend' in the match. She walked across the red carpet that was being laid out for her.

"Entering in at number two, from Los Angeles, California, Melina!" The former champion made her way down the ramp whilst shaking a few hands.

In Leia's opinion, Sasha looked very confident seeing as she's going to face a former 5-time women's champion. She knew that it certainly wouldn't be a walk in the park for her. Although, it is great to see Melina back within the hallowed halls of WWE.

She had finally made her way to the ring, doing her signature split entrance, jumping into the splits on the ring apron. Melina has always had one of the greatest WWE entrances, it was something that allowed the former Women's Champion to stand out.

The match has started, and Leia could feel the emotion sitting on Melina's face, but she knew that she would be taken over by the magnitude of the moment.

The two traded words and Melina tried to throw a kick at Sasha Banks, but Sasha responded with knee to the face instead and scores an elimination just seconds later.

( I'm so bad at writing dialogue, I'm so sorry if it's bad 😭)