Chapter 2

The last thing Draco expected when his mother called him downstairs was a letter addressed to him from Harry Potter himself. With slightly trembling hands, Draco opened the letter, eyebrows furrowing as he read the contents.

"Malfoy,

This is probably as strange for you to read as it is for me to write, but I could use some help. If your offer is still on the table, I'd like to accept.

We can meet for tea and discuss options if you'd like? Let me know.

Potter"

"What does it say Draco?"

"He wants to take me up on my offer to help, but it's quite vague. He invited me for tea?"

"You're accepting. It's about time that you get out of this house."

Draco nodded, writing a response as if he were in a fog.

"Potter,

I'd be lying if the vagueness of your letter wasn't intriguing. I'm still offering my services.

Let me know when and where you'd like to have tea. My schedule is clear, but do be mindful of the location please.

Regards,

Malfoy"

Harry released a breath he hadn't even realized he was holding. While he waited for a reply, he had begun cleaning up his home to occupy his mind.

Was today too soon to meet? It would just be tea right? Did this make him seem too eager? Shaking his head, he started off on a reply.

"Malfoy,

You could have tea at mine if you'd like? We can connect the floo systems, it's up to you. I don't fancy going out just yet, especially in the wizarding world. I spend most of my time in muggle London on the occasion that I do need to step out.

I'm free today and the rest of the week really. I do my shopping on Wednesdays but that's about all I've got going on right now.

Potter"

"Mother, does it make me look desperate if I accept an invitation for today? He specifically mentioned that he was free today, and I think I'd quite like to get this whole ordeal over with before I faint. He wouldn't say it if he didn't want me to accept, would he?"

"Darling, you know more about Harry Potter than most. Use your best judgement."

"Well, he's probably also worried about how this meeting is going to go. He would have mentioned meeting today to point out that it's okay, but he doesn't want to seem too eager for me to accept so he provided optional times."

"So?"

"I'll agree to today and get it over with. The suspense is making me anxious. I have no idea what he could possibly want from me."

A few letters later and a time was decided upon for that afternoon. Draco took a shower to make sure he was in pristine condition to see Harry once again. He had no idea what he should even wear.

Tea was casual, right? In the end, Draco decided on a button up, a nice pair of trousers, and some boots. He wouldn't be overdressed, but he knew that he still looked good.

"Mother? I'm leaving now."

"Send Mr. Potter my regards."

"Of course Mother, I love you."

"I love you too. Relax will you? I'm sure everything will be fine."

Draco wished he could be so sure.

"12 Grimmauld Place."