Chapter 3

The first thing Draco noticed after stepping through the floo was how empty the house seemed to be. Brushing soot from his clothes, he cautiously stepped further inside the room.

"Malfoy, you came."

"I'm a man of my word."

"Let me show you to the kitchen. Make yourself at home."

Draco took this time to really look at Potter. His hair was longer, and he looked completely devoid of life if Draco was being honest. Not like Draco looked much better, to be fair.

While Harry made tea for them, Draco perched on the counter, watching Harry's methodical movements.

"My counter, really?," Harry asked in amusement, shaking his head.

"It's my thing," Draco replied airily. "I've been doing it since I was a child. It gives me a sense of control."

"Here you go," Harry said, handing Draco a tea cup.

The other man was surprised when Harry sat next to him on the counter, avoiding the table all together.

"Thank you Potter."

Draco took a sip of his tea as he watched Potter fuss about with sugar and milk. The surprise at the taste must have shown on his face when Harry asked, "not good?"

"No, it is. I just didn't think you'd know how I like my tea."

Harry shrugged, embarrassed, and looked away.

"I also have brownies?"

Draco's eyes lit up.

"Are they chocolatey?"

"Dark chocolate with some chocolate chips mixed in for good measure."

Harry had known the meeting may end up uncomfortable, so had stress baked brownies, knowing that Draco loved chocolate.

"I suppose I can have one."

The smile was threatening to break through on Harry's face, so he retrieved the dessert from the kitchen.

"Oh Merlin, where can I buy some of these? They taste like heaven."

"Thank you, I baked them."

"You made these? We could've stopped being enemies years ago if you just gave me a tin of these, Merlin!"

Laughing, Harry shook his head, bumping Draco's leg with his own.

"It was my mum's recipe. I found some of her things with Remus, Professor Lupin's, items that he left behind for me. He and Sirius had been going through what they had from my parents. They meant to give it to me as a birthday gift but...," Harry trailed off waving his hand.

"I'm sorry Potter. Truly, I am. I know it may not mean much coming from me, but I'm sorry all the same."

"Thank you. There's nothing that can be done about any of that now," he said with a sigh.

The mood was soured, so Draco figured he might as well ask what had been plaguing him for hours.

"Potter? What favor did you need? Are you alright?"

"No, I don't think I ever really will be. But the favor is quite silly honestly. I understand if you don't want to help, it took me a week to build up the courage to even write and send a letter, but I was hoping, if you don't mind-"

"Potter, you're rambling. Relax."

"Would you take me shopping?," he blurted out.

"Pardon?"