𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝.

Arya found Kaz lying down in his bed. For a second she thought he might be dead. He never goes to bed, she thought. "Kaz. Kaz are you alive?" She whispered. He nodded his head and she titled hers to the side. "You alright?" She asked, genuinely worried now.

"I'm fine, but I think there's something you need to tell me. Something you've been hiding from me."

Shit.

"What are you talking about?" She lied. She knew what he was talking about.

"You're related to him somehow. The general," He guessed. She was glad he didn't know how.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she rushed, starting to freak out.

"You don't? Let me explain. A young girl with dark, raven hair comes to the poor city of Ketterman from the rich land of Ravka. Why? No one knows. She won't say. What we do know is that someone snuck her onto the boat. She was seen running off. Did she sneak on? Probably not. She's a twitchy little thing that has suddenly turned quite dark. However at any mention of the general she starts to twitch again. Why? There's three reasons I can think of. You either know him from a past love, or he's your father or brother. You tell me." He finished, knowing he was correct.

"Piss off," she said, speeding off to the door.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

She had decided to avoid Kaz for the rest of the door until they were all needed for the next part of the plan.

They found the Conductor sitting at the bar by himself, scanning his eyes over a letter carefully. The only thing Arya could make out was the West Ravkan emblem. Strange. He stuffed it immediately into his pockets when he heard the click of Kaz's cane.

"I didn't hire you simply to get us across the Fold." What a nice greeting, she thought, rolling her eyes.

"You're with us because you smuggle Grisha out of the Little Palace, and that's the location of our target."

"Sun Summoner," Arya corrected.

"Alleged." She knew she'd be rolling her eyes at him all day.

Inej gave the same gesture, "They wouldn't keep a fraud in the most secure location in all of Ravka."

Dismissing the thought, Kaz moved on, "You said you have a contact who can get us inside. A Heartrender."

Arken nodded his head.

"How do I know we can trust her?"

"Nina grew up there."

This time is was Kaz who rolled his eyes, "most Grisha grew up in the Little Palace. Very few would betray their general, and fewer still would help foreigners kidnap their most prized possession."

"Nina's a radical. Thinks Grisha should get to choose if they serve the Crown. She despises involuntary service more than she does Fjerdans."

Sounds like we'd get along, Arya chuckled to herself.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙