𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

"How come she get's to dress up and look pretty and I can't?" Jesper protested.

Kaz had told them about his plan and unlike Inej who believed it was a good idea to have someone on the inside, Jesper was upset. A true five year old.

"Jesper, I trust Arya to not get drunk and make fun of the Ravkan Prince and the Fjerdan Ambassador," Kaz sighed.

"Technically the Fjerdan Ambassador wouldn't be invited if they're demonstrating a Grisha's talent. I mean, if this girls the real deal, she's a threat to the military and their bloody Drüskelle." Arya argued, fixing Kaz's point.

He eyed her before turning back to Jesper, "you have your act to perform dumbass. Then I'll need your help getting a carriage for our escape."

Jesper heaved a sigh and laid down on Kaz's bed, "my life is so hard."

"Jesper, you gamble all day, get drunk, hook up with who you want male or female and have hardly any enemies, how is it hard?" Inej laughed.

"It's hard being popular and it's really hard to be known as Kaz's cool friend."

Everyone rolled their eyes at the Zemeni man's antics. Dramatic much, Arya smiled to herself.

"Alright, I'm bored of you all now. Jesper, here is a schedule from Marko. There are also papers on the predicted size of our target. Alina will be about 5'5, so find a cart with a enough space to fit her. Inej, you don't need a schedule because you're on until the guests are finished entering the little palace. A guards uniform is already in your room but I'll need you to help Arya with acquiring a dress. Arya, here is your invitation to The Winter Fete. Now, your basic information and some rules for the night are on a separate sheet. No flirting with Vasily Lanstov."

Jesper, Arya and Inej sat with wide eyes, holding their assigned papers. "Saints Kaz, take a breath. My god." Arya gasped.

Very dramatically and sarcastically, Kaz took a deep breath in and let it out, glaring at Arya as he did so.

"Alrighty, well, the tension in the room is thick enough and I'm very uncomfy so I'm going to go rehearse my lines like the good boy I am. Inej, come with me, I wanna shoot a card out of your mouth again. Bye now my loves!" He finally shouted, before waltzing out of the room.

Once he was gone, Arya looked over my information card again. As she deciphered Kaz's messy scrawl she smiled to herself as she continued to read her notes.

"Ok, name is Taisiya Makarov, aged 21. That's ironic." Arya rambled on whispering over her notes to herself.

"Arya," Kaz spoke, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"What?" She responded, still looking at her notes.

"Shut up." He snapped.

"I think I deserve some respect. I am related to the leader of the second army." She smirked, knowing she was technically right.

"Go find yourself a dress Arya before I kill you."

"As if you could kill me," she mumbled, walking out of the room.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━

"What about this one?"

"Too Sparkly."

"This one?"

"Are you serious?"

"Ok then, this ones nice. What do you think?"

"Absolutely not Arya! It's literally hot pink with a bow. You're literally going to be meeting with ambassadors and world leaders. You need to have class, not look like a piñata." Inej judged.

Dress shopping with Inej Ghafa was extremely hard, and Arya had already faced enough for the day. "Fine then! You pick something." She sighed, sitting down on one of the plush couches as Inej walked off without another word.

She came back later with three options in her hand and only one stood out to her.

"That one."

"I knew it. See how smart I am?" Inej grinned, handing the dress to Arya to try on.

She slipped on the dress and zipped it up. It was perfect. It was snug against her waist and sit nicely on her hips.

She walked out to show Inej and found her with jaw dropped and eyes in awe. "You look so pretty Arya."

"This is the one."