𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡.

Sat in Kaz's assigned room, they looked over papers and articles about the archives room. Inej was memorizing the entry through the roof, moving her hands to picture how large the separations would be. Jesper was cleaning his guns, paying attention when ever he wants. Arya was seated at Kaz's right hand side, scanning the character profile she received. Under the table, his had was in hers, clutching it while he scanned his plan, and reminded Jesper what he to do for the hundredth time. She was still scared. Shaking every now and again. Nightmares and horrible flash backs coming back. She knew she should've just stayed in Ketterdam.

"Kaz, I'm not dumb. I know what I'm doing," Jesper sighed, banging his head on the table.

"Jesper, I didn't say you were dumb. You're smart enough to figure that out on your own," Kaz smirked, provoking Jesper. Jesper stood, whipping out his guns, and pointed them at Kaz. Kaz rolled his eyes and looked back at his notes, clearly not scared by Jesper's threat.

Arya stood in her chair and looked at Inej. "Wanna get drunk?"

Inej nodded, stuffing her knives in the right places. She waltzed over to Arya and grabbed her hand, showing it to Kaz.

Kaz rolled his eyes and stared the two girls down, "I need you both sober for the job,"

"I'm literally an artists assistant, shut up." Arya snapped at Kaz, painting a grin on her face. She waved at them as Jesper pointed his gun back and Kaz.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

They were in Arya's room this time, to go over the plan. Arya was seated on her bed, legs crossed, holding her information. Inej was lying down on Arya's knee, making a heart with her paper, much to Kaz's dismay. Jesper was walking around the room, trying to figure out how long his legs were and Kaz was sitting in a chair reading his plan.

Kaz clapped his hands together to retrieve everyone's attention. "All right. Royal Archives heist. Here's the game plan. Watchmen are on guard around the clock. We want to get in and get out as quietly as possible. That means the hardware stays in the holster, Jesper." Kaz glared at him whilst Inej chuckled against my near. Jesper scoffed and kicked his legs.

"Inej, the dome on the roof is directly above the repository where the blueprints to the Little Palace are kept." Arya showed her the images and the notes she had taken.

Inej nodded and took care of the notes. "Got it. That's my way in."

"I'll set a trail of phosphorus that will lead you straight to the target. Arya, I need you to look over the desk and search for any key we can use if things go astray. The repository is secured at all times behind a two-part lock mechanism. So, Inej, you have to leave the way you came in."

Inej and Arya nodded, following along with the plan.

"Two hours after sunset is when you'll go in, Jesper. You'll need to blend in." Jesper perked his head up and smirked, nodding his head.

"The lighting valves are on the second floor." Arya pointed out.

Inej glanced at the papers and then Jesper, "I'll take my cue once I see the lights go out."

She looked to Kaz and nodded, "and then follow your trail straight to the blueprints."

"The archivist has to pull them a number of times a day, so we can't steal them or they'll know something is up," Kaz instructed, giving her a stern look.

"So? Make a copy." Inej shrugged, an obvious look on her face.

"But careful. If you're heavy-handed, you'll bleed the ink." Kaz warned. Arya rolled her eyes and so did Inej.

"I know what I'm doing."

I can't believe we're doing this, Arya thought.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

Kaz walked out of his room and too say he looked ridiculous was an understatement. Ivanovski has style, Arya laughed to herself.

"What are you smiling at?" Someone sighed, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Myself," She smiled, looking Kaz up and down, nodding to herself.

"Are you that funny?"

"I'm hilarious."

Kaz rolled his eyes at her and held out his arm. "Let's go be creative," He smirked, shaking his head.

He stepped out of the carriage, Arya at his arm, and walked forward. We entered the doors and Kaz threw and cane up and caught, a hop in step. Arya forced myself not to laugh, finding it impossible, she played it off as a cough.

Kaz showed the biggest smiled on his face and leaned on the front counter, grinning at the exhausted man in front of him. "Good day to you, sir. My name is Ivanovski. The sculptor, yes. This is Vera, my assistant." Arya gave a small twirl of her fingers before resting them at her side.

"All right," He sighed, backing up a little. Ivanovski's amazing, Arya smiled.

"I am in desperate need of your assistance. We are working on a real showstopper for the winter fete. I need the dimensions to the Little Palace entrances. The grand piece may be too grand to fit through the doorframe. The King will have my head if his statuary must be parked in the courtyard," Kaz gasped, finishing with a nervous laugh.

"Damned fete. I have to pull the blueprints every day. Wait here." The man walked off and Kaz dropped a small circular piece of phosphorus on the floor, hitting it with his cane so it stuck to the mans shoe.

"Now, Arya," Kaz ordered, once the coast was clear. Arya made her way around the desk and opened the bottom draw. Empty. She looked under files and found on labeled, 'emergencies'.

Opening it up, she removed a small key, showing Kaz. He nodded and she slipped it inside her bra.

The man returned, Vera and Ivanovski finishing their conversation. "Dimensions to the entrances of the Little Palace."

"Ah! May the Sun Summoner bless you." Arya gasped silently, wanting to desperately tell Inej.

"Oh, I'm not a believer." Of course he isn't, Arya sighed.

"No, truth be told, neither am I."

Arya rolled her eyes, grabbed the blue prints and walked out, Kaz trailing behind her.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

Kaz and Arya stood in front of the door for approximately 23 minutes and 30 seconds. Arya was very bored. Arya heard something click and nudged Kaz's finger. He dropped his cane to the floor and Inej retracted her knife.

"Bit slow on the draw there," She gasped, meeting Jespers gaze as he walked out to meet us.

"Or just in time," Kaz changed, already walking off.

So dramatic, Arya thought, following his lead.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙