think with your heart for once

-

-CHAPTER EIGHT: THINK WITH YOUR HEART FOR ONCE-

-

Months had passed between the battle against the newborn vampires that the packs took part in and the beginning of the new school year. News of Bella's engagement was officially confirmed, but not by Bella. After Alice had gotten the greenlight from the engaged couple, she jumped into action first sending out invitations.

The wedding of the two newly graduated seventeen-year-olds was the talk of the town. Other things happened as well. Jillian and Charlie dated on and off whenever their schedules would allow it. Delilah had fully forgiven Seth and they were once again friends, living in a peaceful, friendly bliss.

And in the time that had passed, Delilah and Bella grew close, only proving Alice right that their futures would be intertwined. Had the older girl decided to have bridesmaids, she was sure that she would have asked Delilah to be one (Alice would have been the maid of honor). In growing close to Bella, Delilah spent a lot more time around the Cullens, almost evening out to the time she spent with the pack. Seth never failed to tell her she smelled when they would hang out after she was with the Cullens.

Delilah was on her way home from yet another day spent at the Cullen's expansive home. As she neared the driveway a smile crossed her face. She was graduating this year. It very well could be her last year in Forks.

She walked into the house she grew up in, the house that had a lingering smell of takeout from the countless nights of both Albright girls refusing to cook. Jillian was in the kitchen working on balancing out her checkbook when Delilah walked in. "Hey babe. How was the Cullen's? Is Esme well?"

"She's great," Delilah answered. "I love her, but Alice is just so pushy. I showed her the dresses I was thinking of wearing to the wedding. All purple, some with florals. And she tells me that I need a designer dress she found. I tell her I'm saving up for college and she looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me that obviously she was buying it."

Jillian laughed and shrugged. "At least it's free. Was it pretty?"

"It was gorgeous and also insanely expensive!"

"At least it's free."

With one last laugh shared between them, Delilah went upstairs changing into an old t-shirt she was pretty sure had belonged to Seth at one point and a pair of sweatpants. Nothing major was happening other than the upcoming wedding and Bella's impending vampirism which upset Jacob more than it did anyone else. Personally, Delilah didn't have an opinion because if she was offered an eternity with the love of her life, she would take it in a heartbeat, no matter the means.

Life was normal and when life was normal, or even hectic for that matter, Delilah studied. She was planning on finishing at the top of her class and she was pretty damn close to doing so after she got the highest SAT scores-even higher than Gabby's, not that Gabby would admit to losing to anyone.

When her phone rang, she was almost tempted to send it to voicemail as she got a head start on the reading she knew would be covered in her new schedule of classes, but she picked it up. "This is Headmaster Charles from Kenton Preparatory Academy. I'm looking for Delilah Albright."

"This is she," Delilah said, somehow maintaining her composure and not squeaking.

She stood up from her cluttered desk and began pacing around her bedroom, her phone held carefully to her ear. "As you know the term is starting in two weeks, and you put your name on the ballot for senior class president with Gabby Paris running as your vice president."