the grandson of ephraim black

-

-CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE GRANDSON OF EPHRAIM BLACK-

-

Two weeks had passed and Delilah was feeling better now that she'd completely ignored her father's calls to apologize. She was in control of the situation and that's what gave her peace of mind.

On the beach of La Push, there was nothing resembling peace because Bella had finally returned from her honeymoon and told Jacob she was pregnant. There was no way for anyone to know if she would survive the pregnancy, let alone childbirth, but that wasn't Sam's concern.

"Is it true Jake?"

"It's growing fast."

"Dangerous."

"Unnatural."

"A monstrosity. An abomination on our land!"

The wolves all stood among piles of cut trees, the pack circling around Jacob as they saw everything he saw. Sam stood higher than any of the others. "We have to protect the tribe. What they've bred won't be able to control it's thirst. Every human will be in danger."

"Now?" Jacob returned.

"We must destroy it before it's born!"

Seth stepped forward. "You mean, kill Bella?"

"Her choice affects us all."

Jacob growled, stepping closer to Sam. "She's human. Our protection applies to her!"

"She's dying anyways!" The two wolves jumped at each other and straightened themselves out as Sam growled at them warningly.

"We have real enemies to fight tonight!" Sam told the two as Leah and Jacob both regained their stances.

Jacob was shocked. "Tonight?"

"You will fight with us, Jake."

Jacob and Seth both cowered as Sam got closer to them for they had no other choice. Jacob fought as much as he could before he touched the ground, but he fought out of it. "I. Will. Not!" He said, standing up and straightening his wolf form out. "I am the grandson of Ephraim Black! I am the grandson of the chief! I was born to follow you or anyone else."

Jacob ran away from where the wolves were and went towards the Cullen house. When he was closer he turned back into his human form, walking the rest of the way on foot as he cried. There were footsteps behind him, catching him off guard.

Seth stumbled forward, losing his balance. "Whoa. Don't worry, they're not following us."

"What do you think you're doing here?"

The younger teen shrugged. "I left Sam's pack."

"Go home, Seth."

"I won't stand behind him," Seth argued.

"Oh yes you will," Jacob bit back. "I'm not kidding, get out of here."

Seth frowned. "Is that an order. Are you going to make me bow down, too?"

"I'm not ordering anyone," Jacob said. "Look, I'm just going off on my own here."

He smiled. "And I've got your back."

"No you don't!" Jacob said, his voice raising. "If Sam comes after Bella, are you really ready to fight your own brothers? Your sister?"

Seth nodded without a second thought. "If it's the right thing to do," he said simply. "The Cullens and Bella are important to me and they're important to Delilah. If I let my brothers and my sister hurt them, what kind of person does that make me?"