baby daniella matters more

-

-CHAPTER TEN: BABY DANIELLA MATTERS MORE-

-

Delilah was at school, Jillian was at work. All was well with the Albright girls. Bella and Edward were on their honeymoon. Aside from the supernatural existing there, Forks and La Push were completely normal. Even the gossip about the wedding had died down.

While Delilah was at school, Jillian was at the bookstore, working on ordering more stock since the shelves were looking fairly empty. Sitting in front of the ancient computer, the woman almost didn't realize when her phone started ringing. She answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Hello."

"Hey Jilly," came Joshua's voice. "I wanted to call you and Delilah and let you know that Michelle had the baby. I'm a dad."

"You've been a dad for sixteen years, Josh, but I'm glad you and Michelle had a baby you'll actually care for."

After a minute of silence, Joshua sighed. "Look Jillian, I wanted to call Delilah but I know the term just started."

Jillian bit her cheek. "It's a good thing you didn't call her to tell her that now you're a dad. Do you know how much that would've hurt her, Joshua? Do you get that that girl grew up for the most part without a father, because he was so focused on crappy startup businesses that he didn't care about his kid?"

"It would mean a lot to Michelle and I if Delilah would come by sometime this week after school to see the baby."

"I'll tell her."

"Just about the baby."

She sighed in annoyance. "Trying to cover your ass per usual. Yes, I'll tell her the baby was born, Joshua, and only that the baby was born."

Jillian hung up before Joshua could say anything else and went out to the front of the store where Harley was sitting behind the cash wrap. "Why did my sixteen-year-old brain decide to have a baby with the spawn of Satan?" She rhetorically questioned. "Well at least she turned out fine, but my god her dad is the most volatile person I think I've ever met. I can't believe I used to love him!"

"What's got you down, honey?"

"Joshua and Michelle just had their baby, right?" Harley nodded. "Well, Josh calls and says that he's a dad, like he hasn't had this kid living in Forks for sixteen years. I never kept him away from her, all I did was leave Port Angeles after I graduated. I wanted her to have a dad but he was too focused on making it big in the business world."

Harley nodded again. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, but I have to tell her. It's wrong if I don't."

-

Delila's first day of school was going very well. Her classes were well and she was already a month ahead on her syllabus work. She and Gabby shared a few classes and the latter was eager to start sharing her student council ideas with Delilah because she hadn't stopped thinking about it since they found out they got the spots.

It was going well until Delilah received a text from her mother telling her to call her when she got the chance. So when the lunch bell rang, Delilah didn't follow her peers into the cafeteria, but instead detoured to the bathroom and pulled her phone out of her backpack. Jillian answered on the third ring.

"Is everything okay? Is someone like dead or something?" Delilah asked as she checked to make sure no one was in the stalls to eavesdrop.

"On the contrary, actually," Jillian answered. "Your dad and Michelle had their baby. It's name is Andrew, but the coven calls it Adrian."