Fate and a silly "canceled" date

"You are going on a date?" Karen asks with full excitement in her voice.

" Yeah, I think so "

"What the hell does that mean?"

" Well he never said that it's a date. We just agreed that we should, see each other again and kiss or something " you explain.

"I mean, I should've seen this coming. But you should've also told me sooner!"

" And I apologized for that, many times. Now, can you please help me? "

"Of course, I'll come with you. But you and Mat? -It makes so much sense"

" You've only known me for two months, and so does Matt. You can't tell me this is meant to be or something. I guess we just like each other " you say as you make your way to the counter.

" Hold up Karen, I'll call
you in few minutes "

"Fine, see you later"

You make your order at your new favorite coffee shop and you pick your favorite place to sit, the place that's closest to the window. You sit, and enjoy the view for a while. You see the busy people of New York, rushing through the sidewalks. You think about how all these people have their own lives, choices and mistakes.

You think about what you mentioned to Karen, just few minutes before, about the "meant to be" bullshit.

When you were younger, you always believed in fate. You believed that a prince on a white horse would come and save you. You believed in making wishes on a shooting star or on fallen eyelashes. You believed in forever.

But the older you started to get, the less hope you had. You learned to save yourself and only believe in your own choices, and in the control you had.

And you've also learned that
forever is the sweetest con.
...

And you made a choice to go on a date with Matt Murdock.

Are you going to regret that choice?

- Of course you will

Are you still going on the date?

- Of course you are

After drinking you coffee, you went to work and like always, you went to say "hi" to your office-neighbors. Matt wasn't there though. Foggy reassured you that, Matt's fine and that he'll make it for the date. Foggy also reassured you that he is very supportive of this date and asked if he could be the weeding officiant at you none-existing weeding with Matt. You talked and mostly joked for a while before you went back to work.

Your plan for the day was simple.

- Go shopping with Karen for the date

- Go to the date

But after you small trip to Hell's Kitchen finest thrift shops, you and Karen found the perfect classy but yet simple dress ever!
But of course, everything would be great if Matt actually took you on that date.

You got ready and you waited. You waited fifteen minutes before Matt called you and told you that he can't make it. You knew he was hiding something, but you decided not to push it.

And instead going on a date, you've spent your night drinking leftover wine and leaving voice messages to your friends.
You miss your friends.

-

The next morning you were at work, when you heard a knock on your door.

It was Matt.

"Hi" he says as he hands you down some pretty flowers, tied together with a yellow bow. You take the flowers and put them in a nice vase.

" Hi " you say back. You notice a small cut on his cheek, but you don't say anything. Instead you offer him a seat next to you on your small couch.

"I'm very sorry about last night. You have no idea, what I had in mind. I reserved a table for us, at that new restaurant Foggy mentioned. And I had everything planed, and I canceled on you- I'm sorry" he explains.

" It's all right, as long as you're okay "
you say.

You want to know about his scar on his cheek, but if you ask about his scars, you'll have to open about yours.
And you're not ready for that. You think you will never be ready for that.
And again, you sit quietly.

"Would you say yes, if I asked you on an anther date?" he asks with his stupid charm on his face.

" Well maybe. Guess you'll have to ask first "

"Would you give me a second chance, for a first date?"

" Depends, will you show up this time? " You ask with a small smile on your face.
Yes, you were angry last night. But right now? You can't feel any anger.

"I promise, I'll show up. Are you free at eight?" he asks, you say "yes" and you talk some more. You talk till a client shows up, and you have to get back to work. Matt leaves and the only things he left here, were your smile and the beautiful flowers he brought you.

Later that day as you walk out you building, you see Matt. He's wearing a suit, like always and he's holding an anther bouquet of flowers, with the same yellow bow. And you, well you are wearing the lovely dress you brought.

"You look beautiful" he says as he hands you the flowers.

" And how would you now that? " you ask as you take the flowers and his hand. He's leading the way as you start to walk on the empty sidewalk.

"Let me rephrase that, you are beautiful" he says and you laugh.

" And you, Murdock are also very pretty " you flirt back. " Also, where are we going? "

"That's a surprise"

" I don't like surprises " you confess.

"Do you trust me?" he asks. Does he want the real answer? You think to yourself. How can you trust someone you just met? Does he trust you?

" I don't know, should I trust you " you give him a half-full answer.

"That's your choice, but this place we're going is amazing. It has the best view of the city"

" So we aren't going to
that new restaurant? "

"Yeah, that place probably sucks"

" Doesn't Foggy love that place? "
you ask.

"He doesn't have the best taste, especially in woman".

You laugh, talk and walk for a while. You feel the wind, flowing through your hair. You feel Matt's shoulder brush against yours. You feel good, happy even.
You feel like you're in a fairytale,
but if that's true

does that make Matthew Murdock your prince with a white horse?

do you believe in fate, now?

-
( hi, here's an another update.. I'm feeling very inspired tonight... honestly I don't have a schedule or anything so I'll post the next update as soon as I write it...
Have a nice day/night <3 )