Chapter 1

"Saylor, come on we are leaving!" Mother yelled. I walked down the stairs and grabbed my bag. We were going to California for a week out of the summer. I live in Kentucky, so I know nothing about the ocean except the animals. I have been studying to be some kind of scientist and hopefully work with animals. "Ready?" My dad asked me. "Yeah, let me get my book." I said and walked past the twins. Kelsey and Jace were fighting over what movie they were going to watch on the ride to Airport. I walked over to the coffee table and grabbed my book and shoved it into my bag. "Ok, kids lets go!" My mother said in her very cheerful voice. "Got everything?"

"Yep, lets go." I said and walked to the car. the twins ran in and sat on either side of me and buckled in. I popped my headphones in and turn on LiveSOS to drown out the twins's movie.

🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧

In the car I ended up watching Shrek with the twins. "Kids, we are almost there!" Dad yelled in the front. The twins screamed and I, "Wooed!" Watched the planes take off.

In the baggage claim I ran into a few girls from my school. "Hey, Saylor! Funny seeing you here." Marry said. "Yeah." I said and looked for my bag. "I like your hat." Lilac exclaimed and took off my beanie. "Hey give it back!" I said reaching for my Doctor Who hat dangling in her perfectly manicured nails. She laughed and dropped it on the floor and ran over it with her bag. I bent over and picked it up to put it back on my head. "Saylor your bag." Dad said and handed me my bag. The twins skipped and sang, "Sponge bob square pants!" And ran up to the ramp leading up to the plane. "Ticket?" The flight attendant asked. We handed her our tickets and passports. She smiled and lead us up to the plane. I have only been on a plane once, when we visited my grandma in Iowa. People thought our accents were cool, when we don't have one. "Sit here next to your sister and brother." Mom said and took the seat next to dad on the other side of the isle. I helped them get their seats on and latched mine. I the plane lurched forward and we took off. Some girls in front of me were talking and stocking 5 Seconds of Summer and saying, "They will be in California in 2 hours! They are just ahead of us!" I laughed and then I felt a kick behind me. The kid behind me wasn't getting what he wanted to he took it out in me. "Saylor, can I have my coloring book?" Kelsey asked. I took out her book and colors. Jace was watching Gardens of the Galaxy on the tv. "Dad, can you hand me my book it's in my bag?" I asked and he stood up and got it down for me. I started to read, the book I am reading is Changed. I wasn't very far into it, but the first two books were grate and I am loving this book.

🌜🌛🌜🌛🌜🌛🌜🌛🌜🌛🌜🌛🌜🌛

The rest of the flight I read and finished my book and took a nap. I woke up to the jolt of the plane landing. We walked off and found our bags. "Lets get to the hotel, and sleep." Mother said as we walked for our van. "Were too?" The man asked. "The California Hotel, on Grand." Father said and the man drove in the direction of the hotel.

When we arrived, we checked in and went up to our room. The people next door were loud and annoying. I could make out four different voices. One who yelled, "Yuck!" And one that screamed," Why you wearing pink underwear!?" And then something crashing. I was to tied to care so I walked over to the futon and went to sleep.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

When I woke, it was 11:30 am. My parents were still asleep and the twins were resting peacefully. I turned on my phone and watched Star Trek. When Commander Riker started to die, the people from next door were waking up and pounding on the combined door next to the bathroom. Mom woke up and walked over to check what it was. I hid under my blanket so she wouldn't know I was awake. "Yes?" She said. "Sorry if we woke you. We were just going to the beach and didn't know were to go." the voice that was yelling "Yuck!" all night. I couldn't make out his accent, but I knew he had one and was from out to town. "No, your fine. Just down the road and to the left." My mother said and I saw him shake hands with her and walked away. "Saylor, wake up. We are going to the beach in a few minutes. You dad is downstairs getting breakfast with the twins." she gently shook me awake. "What?" I mumbled, hoping she bought it. "Get ready for the beach." she said and laughed. I opened my eyes and saw she was in her swim cover up dress thing and had my black top and my blue swimsuit. I grabbed it and ran into the bathroom to change. I walked out and put on my jean shorts and my Nirvana tank top over my torso. I snatched my key and ran down the stairs. "Ready, I got my key, phone, sunscreen, sunglasses, book, headphones, and my water bottle." I said as I came around the corner of the breakfast nook in the lounge. "Ok, lets load up and go to the beach!" Mom said and we walked out the door.

The beach was beautiful, the teal waves crashing on the shore. "Put on some sunscreen." Mom said and glopped a bunch on Jace and rubbed it in. I put my own on and walked over and continued to read.

I finished my book and decided to swim for a bit. As I was swimming a large wave cracked next to me. I thought nothing about it, until a body floated next to me. "Are you ok? Hey can you hear me?" I asked and tapped him. The man made no response, I checked his plus and felt no heart beat.

HEY NEW STORY HOPE YOU LIKE!

SHOUT OUTS;
kookykrumble3
LokiwifeWinchester
Calpal_cuddles
amelpesq12
PepperPaws
AryaCarstairs
Mrs_dave_franco
unicorns-r-real
xxxxhaysosxxxx
annie_hood
hannahsosh
Helllooooooooo

LLAP,
KITKAT