Chapter 2

I don't remember what I did next. I know I flipped the man over and floated him over to the beach. People were staring at me as I stated to count the compressions. "Ohmygod! Is that?" A girl yelled and then I think fainted, because her friends screamed. "Get the life guard!" I yelled as I hit 100. The voices from last night and from this morning were next to me. "What are you doing?" One asked and knelt next to me. As I looked, listened, and felt, "Saving his life!" I said as I found the sweet spot and started again. As I looked up to see who asked me, I saw who was next to me. Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, and Michael Clifford. I couldn't find Luke, then it hit me. I looked down and saw that I was helping Luke Hemmings! "How do you know what to do?"

"I'm certified." I said as I started to count more. The life guard ran up and knelt next to me and asked, "How long?"

"Second set, two minutes, 100 each time, 29 now."

"Do you want me to take over?"

"No I got it, call 911."

"I did, they are on their way." She said and turned to Calum and asked what happened. "He was surfing, and he hit a loose wave and crashed. When we came to shore she was already doing that." He pointed out to me and then looked at Michael and Ashton for help explaining. "What did you do?" She asked me. "100! I saw him hit the water and acted on instinct." I said as he coughed as I tapped his shoulder. I put him in the recovery position and stood up. "Luke! Thanks, I thought we would be 3 Seconds of Summer." Michael said as he poked me in the arm. I started to walk away as Ashton called out, "Wait, what's your name?" I didn't say anything I just walked back to my family. As I walked back, a news crew ran up to me and walked me back to Luke and the rest of 5 Seconds of Summer, "Welcome back, we are here with the young fan saved Luke Hemmings, from 5 Seconds of Summer. What is your name?" She held the microphone to my mouth. "Uh, Saylor Jackson." I said as I turned as read as her jacket. "Thank you, for saving my life." Luke said from behind me. The boys held him up, as he spoke, "Thanks so much, I don't think that the boys would have known what to do."

"N-n-n-n-no problem, it was just an instinct." I stuttered and tried to walk away. "Wait!" He called out. I picked up speed and ran back to my family. "Lets go!" I said and grabbed my bag and ran to the car. "What's the hurry?"

"Nothing lets just go back to hotel and swim there." I said just as a red faced Ashton Irwin ran up to me. I didn't want to talk to him but he said, "Luke. Wanted. You. To. Have. This. And you run fast." He handed me a piece of paper with numbers scribbled on it. "What is it?" I asked not taking the paper. "His number."

"What? Why?"

"He wants too stay in touch with you and hang out with someone else his age."

"How old dose he think I am?"

"17."

"No! Yes! How the heck did he get that?"

"You dropped your license." he said and handed me the small card. I took it and walked away. "Wait!" He said again and ran up to me. "We will meet you in the car." Mom said. "Okay." I said just as the rest of 5SoS came with Luke on their shoulders. "Thanks again, I don't know if I would've made it without you." Luke said as he steadied himself. He reached out his hand and slid the paper in to my hand, "Please keep in touch." He said with a smile. "I have to go." I said and ran to the van.

👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥👥

"What was that about?" Mother asked as we drove away. Kelsey took the paper and hollered, "She got a boys number!"

"What?" Jace yelled and looked over her shoulder. "Give me that!" I yelled and took it from her. I crammed it into my pocket and looked out the window.