Chapter 1: Can't Percy Go A Full Year Without Getting Kicked Out

***||***

Today was Percy's last day of school. Tomorrow, the two of us were going back to Camp Half-Blood, and to say I was excited would be an understatement. I was ecstatic. Considering I haven't seen my friends in person in almost a year, and I haven't talked to them at all in a few weeks; it was going to be great.

I feel my phone vibrate on the desk beside me. Not expecting anything important, I still check who it is. I see Percy's name.

About to head to school!

Didn't get expelled!

Yet...

I quietly laugh at his messages. Demigods aren't technically supposed to use cell phones, but neither of us have actually followed that rule.

Well, try not to. I'll see you tomorrow to head to camp. Don't forget that Sally is the one driving us.

His next words surprise me.

About going to camp...

Mom said she got a message from Chiron. He said that we should postpone going.

I raise my eyebrows, surprised.

Did she say why?

His response didn't surprise me.

No. Said we'll talk this afternoon, so maybe then she'll tell me.

And I have something to tell you in-person.

My thoughts race with the possibilities. Another incident like Mrs. Dodds? Message from Luke? Something about Kronos?

I'll talk after school.

With that he ends the conversation, unable to talk any more.

"Well, great. Now I can't focus. What the Hades, Percy. Why would you leave me with no information like that?" I say, not meaning to speak aloud but it happened. My dad looks over from where he sits.

"What happened?"

"Percy said that Sally got a message from Chiron, telling her that we should put off going to camp."

"And he didn't say why?"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Nope. Even better, Percy said he had something to talk about when we saw each other, and the last time he told me that he was attacked by a Kindly One."

"Sounds like that was fun."

"I didn't find out until after we were attacked by the Mintour."

"Oh, yeah. That was a great time to have no clue where you were."

"I think we were even after what happened in Afghanistan. And besides, I told Percy to get you the note when he could."

"And you weren't with them."

"I told you, I wanted to go, but instead I got magic practice with my sisters." I realized what I said and added, "Not that I'm not grateful, I was just worried about my friend trying to stop a war that would make the Trojan War look like a water-balloon fight. At least that's what Mr. D said it would be like."

"Hence why I had offered them help. The blonde refused."

"I totally believe that, knowing Annabeth." I say. "She's stubborn."

***

Music blasted from the speakers, helping me concentrate. All of a sudden, the lab went silent besides the work my dad and I are doing on the new suit.

"Miss Lillian, someone is here to see you." J.A.R.V.I.S. announces.

"Who is it?" I ask, looking at the time. I know that it isn't Percy, mostly because J.A.R.V. would have said his name.