3

"What do u think should i gift to my mother on her birthday,?" A beautiful girl with her white unblemished skin and high ponytail asked with a smile on her two maids sitting infront of her.

The two maid immediately thought. "What do u think about the Sapphire necklace from the south? I heard it is very beautiful."

Shao Yan pouted her pink lips. She is spoiled in her family, so she has a little bit of childishness in her act despite being 15 already.

"But the emperor and several nobles already got that.. I want something unique. Only to my mother." yes. Something only her mother has and no one elses.

Suddenly the steady carriage shook and the voice of the henchman was heard.

The thudding of the soldiers foot surrounded their carriage, making them fearful. "W.. Whats happening?" Shao yan asked cautiously.

The sound of the captains voice was heard. "Its.. A strange person miss." there was a bit of awkwardness and unsure feeling in his voice.

The soldiers saw a long haired person, wearing a very strange cloth facing their way.

The person suddenly bowed. "I am a mercenary from... A far away place. Im wondering if.. U would like to buy some of my jewels?"

Shao Yan is a curious girl. She sneak her head out the window and saw the strange clothed person. The persons face was covered, and only the dark mysterious eyes was revealed.

She opened the carriage door,

"My lady!" the captain is immediately alert. He warned her. But she just gave him a pout with an angry glare. "Bu.. But my lady. That person might be an assassin.."

"Hmm! U are still there to protect me" Shao Yan is also confident on the strength of her guards trained by her father.

Elijah realized that the lady was the boss, so she bowed again. And gently said. "My lady, i am a merchant from a far away place. I wonder if this young lady, will be willing to buy these jewelries?"

She put her hand in side the bag, but secretly opened her space and took out several beautiful jewelries.

Jewelries in the apocalypse is useless. There are still some who used them. But could it protect their lives?

Seeing her taking out a bunch of different colored and shaped jewelries. The girls eyes shone so bright. "Yes! Yes!"

Elijah took a step forward, then the soldiers raised their weapons to her. Making her stop.

The girl was furious. "Stop stop!! Let her come!"

The captain look at elijah then at his miss and gritted his teeth. He slowly put down his spear and gave a signal to the others.

They warily watch the stranger walk to them.

Then the stranger stretch out two hands and with a bowed head offer them to the girl.

The girl took them with delight and gasped. "Oh my! Such beautiful jewels! This is one of a kind!! I will buy them! I will buy them all!"

And with that, the transaction was done. The soldiers watch the stranger walk into the deep forest without looking back and just vanished. Leaving them with complicated feelings.

Holding the heavy pouch filled with money, Elijah nodded in relief. She still has some jewel to trade if ever she spend her money.

She immediately run towards the gate, she had to put lex inside, maybe they will treat him as a monster and kill him.

The two guards were alert seeing a strange suited stranger.

One soldier raised a hand. "10 bronze for entrance."

Elijah stopped a little. Thinking about it, she doesnt know the value of money here. She hesitantly opened her pouch. And saw only gold and silver.

She took one silver coin and hesitant again, put it on the soldiers palm. The soldier raised a brow. Then look at his partner.

Then look at her with a smirk. "U can go in"

Elijah breathed a sigh of relief. Then bowed and entered the gate.

Inside the gate was extremely crowded, even the houses are strange to her. She didnt know where to go, but saw a sign. She better find a place to spend a night.

She opened the door of the inn. When it made a sound, a cheerful voice greeted her. "Welcome!! Oohhhh! U have strange clothes!"

"Im.. Looking for a place to stay."

The girl smiled brightly. "Oh no worries! How many days do U plan to stay?"

"Im not sure, but ill pay for tonight. Ahm.. With food included. How much?"

"Its one silver! Dont think its expensive a. We are already the one who had the lowest pay here in the city!"

Elijah gave her a silver, which made the girl curved her green eyes.

Elijah bowed and soon was resting in her room. She couldnt help her eyes and soon drifted to sleep.

_

When she woke up the next day, the sky was already bright. She took a quick bath on her space and put a new set of clothes. She dont dare bring out the pouting lex in her space.

She also prepared Wenna's picture.

After a breakfast. She finally asked the girl. "Have u seen this lady before?" the elf squinted her eyes. The thing infront of her is strange, but the image was familiar.

The elf girl squinted her eyes then suddenly reacted with a loud voice. "Ah! I know her! She is also wearing a strange white coat when she came here. It was.. Uhmm.. 4 month ago.  Yeah. I remember her because she asked me for a food, and what she wears is really strange.. " the girl look at her. "Come to think of it. U had almost the same style of clothes."

"Yeah, we are from the same place. Im looking for her because her father wanted her to follow me back home " she isnt entirely lying.

The girl nodded. "Oh.. I only know after that day she became a maid in the city Lord's mansion"

The act of putting the picture back in her pocket stopped. Her eyes glinting, she finally found a clue where to find the run away princess.

She bowed her head and immediately left. Elijah walked with air of dominance, asking people along the way to the city lords mansion.

Stopping infront of a mansion , she watch the mansion with glinting eyes.

She is new to this world, but she know better than going in in a house of a city lord. She can die if not being careful.

Carefully holding the money on her pocket, she didnt know where to start.