4

"Careful of the cabbages! They cost a silver for one box!"

"The donkey is the stupid one why are u blaming me!"

"Why are you blaming the donkey that is more hard working than you!"

"Hey!"

Elijah followed the voices, and saw an elderly woman, a youth and an adult man securing vegetables in a cart pulled by a brown donkey.

The elder woman was scolding the youth, her loud voice is really unique and eye catching.

Elijah made a move to talk to them. Approaching them with the picture in hand.

"Ex..cuse me.."

The trio stop and look at her. "I am a relative, and ive been looking for my cousin, wenna. Have u seen her before?"

She showed them the picture and surprise was written in their faces looking at the odd material.

"We do know wenna.. But" the old woman recovered first. She look at elijah with scrutinizing gaze.

She is suspicious of her.

Elijah smiled. "Please do not be suspicious of me. Wenna's father... My uncle is very worried. He wanted to see her again.. You see there been circumstances at home and before we realised she already left.. I just want to bring her back."

The strangers words are sincere and her eyes are clear.

Old woman ching already experience many things in life. And she can see that this person is sincere and had no bad motives.

Old woman ching sighed. Then she rubbed her wrinkly chin. "Are u from west? Youre clothing is different from ours, ur temperant also. Wenna also has unique bearing.."

"Agh.. My cousins father is a.. Noble" well kind of.

"Ah.. Thats why.. Sigh.." old woman ching look at her. "Its better if we talk inside."

They entered in the back of the huge manor. And headed to the kitchen, where they put what they bought.

Old woman ching brought her into their own little house and gave her a cup of tea.

"Thank you"

"I believe you are a soldier.." old woman ching said with a smile. "Only soldiers have that rare aura.."

Elijah look at her in bewilderment.

The old woman was looking at her, no.. It was like she was looking at someone else elijah couldnt see.

"That..."

"Anyway," the old woman put the cup in the table. "I also met wenna when i was buying in the market. She was truly a kind hearted child, she even helped me when my money is stolen.."

The old woman sighed in the memory.

"She was looking for a job so i gave her a job of a servant. She was really talented, and she dont complain.. Sigh.. There was some problems, but she was very smart.." the old woman laughed. As if those incidents where really interesting.

"Where is she now?" elijah put the cup on the table.

"Shes... As i said she was very talented. A teacher of a very famous cultivation school came to collect students. And saw her talent... "

"So shes gone,"

"Yes.."

Elijah rub her palms on her face. She was so close.. Then again she isnt.

"Do you know where is that school located? And how long had she left?"

"One month ago.. Besides.. That school dont just let anyone in. In order to go in.."

"You must be a student.."

"Ye.. Yes.." old woman ching saw undisguised coldness in her eyes and
was surprised for a brief moment.

"Hah.. Then.. Do you know how can i reach the academy?"

The old woman thought for a bit. Then look at her. "Youre aura is sharp and dangerous, with one look no one can suspect u... The young master and young lady is travelling tomorrow. Theyre destination is also in the academy, i can make a pass for you to join the guards. Then.. The rest is all up to u."

Elijah had found another way. "Yes.. Thank you very much"

As the sun hit the mountains, elijah was already wearing a cloth old woman ching brought to her.

With a mask to hide her face.

"Take good care of the young lords. Take care.."

"Thank you" elijah took the wrapped dumplings from old woman ching and gave her a bow.

Riding on a horse, elijah look at the rising sun and rode to her future.

"Brother!"

Ning chu glared at her brother, Ning lan gave a small smile. "Hush, the morning is beautiful, dont destroy it."

Ning lan look straight in her eyes. "Ning chu, dont ruin my morning"

"You are just excited to see her soon. Its only been a month.,.its not like you are not gonna see her forever"

Ning lan's mind suddenly drifted to the figure of a woman. Wenna is not a calamitous beauty. She had her own charm and everything that he always found himself fascinated.

Ning lan saw in the window of the carriage a group of youths the same age as him and raise a brow.

He signalled a guard next to the window who immediately came to him. "Young master."

"Those people,.. Where are they heading to?"

The guard took a sneak at the group and whispered. "They are also heading to the academy.."

"Oh?" ning lan watch the group wearing shabby clothes. The group felt his stare and look at his direction with hard gazes.

Ning lan's lips curved a bit, "I didnt know the academy was so low as to invite beggars in.."

The guard remained silent. Of course not, the young master is just really too full of himself or he is ignorant.

The academy never cared for nobility and money. They need talents, and u could not merely judge a person because of how they look.

The young master look away as he finish on scrutinizing them with his gaze.

Eli was minding her own business, riding in her own horse when she suddenly felt someone throwing small rocks beside her.

And small 'psst' voices aiming at her.

Eli had no choice but to look back. And saw a youth, with shabby clothing. "Finally!" he smiled so wide when he caught her attention finally. "I just wanna ask something!" the boy urged her to go to him with fast moving hands.

Eli look back at the carriage. And finally decided to go the boy. She did not say anything but slowly lowered her head.

"Is the young master of that carriage the Young master Ning Lan?"

Elijah cant pronounce such different names yet. But she had already memorised the names in her head.

She nodded.

The boy clucked his tongue and nodded. "Ahh.. Then..." he suddenly took out a knife and aimed it at her neck with the speed of lightning. And this time he was glaring at her viscously. "Ok, now give me your belongings."

At the same time, there were people suddenly jumping from trees. "Bandits!!! Protect the master!!"

The boy grinned infront of her.

But all elijah could see was the stupidity of this boy. This is nothing but a game in her eyes.