1. Best friend

There's so many ways to say it. I love you, I am in love with you, is it love or is it a crush? You're in my mind all the time, I can't stop the thought of you from entering my head.

So many ways to say it, and yet there was no way she could. Emily was irrevocably and undeniably infatuated with Elliana. Whether it really was love or just a crush that would soon pass, she did not know. All she knew was that every time the blonde girl would enter the room, Emily's eyes were on her.

This was the case now, as Elliana strode into the room wearing a pink skirt, pink heels and white tank top. Emily had always wondered how there was something so effortless about Elliana's beauty, the way she could demand everyone's attention without uttering a single word.

Emily wanted to tell her that she was beautiful and perfect, but did not want Elliana to know the effect she had on her. Instead, she settled for a compliment of the outfit. "Wow, Elli that outfit is amazing! You always manage to show up looking like a model" she exclaimed.

Elliana smiled, looking down at the ground. "Emily, you're too nice to me, you look great too you know?" She replied in a sincere tone. Emily looked away, trying not to let Elliana see the faint blush that had tinted her cheeks. Did Elli really think she looked nice? Were those the thoughts that often crossed her mind?

As if on cue to ruin Emily's moment of bliss, Elliana's boyfriend Tyler strode into the room, lazily draping an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. "Hey babe" he mumbled, carelessly pushing his mass of messy brown curls out of his face with his free hand.

Emily would never admit it, but she didn't like Tyler - not one bit. Most would say he looked like a traditional skater boy - baggy blue jeans, oversized and worn out shirt, a skinny, tall body type and a generally care-free demeanor.

That's not how Emily would describe him - she thought he was messy. She didn't like his small brown eyes or his dirty clothes or the way he would never put any effort into his appearance. Next to Elliana's elegance, he looked out of place. And the worst part is, he couldn't care less to look nice for her.

Elliana smiled up at him, wrapping her hand around his torso. "Hey Tyler, where have you been?!" She exclaimed, seemingly happy to see him. "Ah, you know, just out skating with the boys. It's hot as hell out there, I'm sweating like crazy" he mumbled, absolutely no energy in his voice.

"Yeah, I can tell" Emily piped up. She scrunched her nose up at the stench that was wafting over from him. Emily didn't intend to be mean, but she wondered how often Tyler cared to shower. "Why don't you go take a shower in Piper's bathroom? She won't mind" Emily suggested.

Tyler shrugged nonchalantly. "Nah, I'm good" he waved her off before walking out the room. Elliana sighed, walking over to sit next to Emily. "Don't mind him, boys will be boys" she spoke, trying to justify her boyfriend. Emily shook her head in disapproval.

"Lev's a boy and he still knows what hygiene is" Emily retorted. Elliana shot her a jokingly sad look. "Don't make fun of Ty" she pouted. Emily laughed at her.

"Call him Ty again and I think I'll throw up" she joked. "He's gross and grimey and the least he can do is take a single shower so I don't have to breathe in his toxic stench fumes" she ranted.

Elliana frowned. "You know, I don't quite know what it is, but something's telling me you don't exactly like my boyfriend" she joked, stroking her chin as if she was solving a mystery. "Wow that's crazy, I never would have solved that one!" Emily gasped, playing in to the joke.

Elliana shook her head, laughing. "Well, don't get too comfortable with hating him" cause he's not going anywhere!" She informed. Yeah, we'll see about that... Emily silently thought to herself.

It was hard being around Elliana when she was with her boyfriend -and not just because she didn't like seeing the two of them together, knowing that Elliana loved him and her affections would never be for Emily, but because Emily didn't like who Elliana became around him.

Whenever it was just the two of them alone, she felt like she could see a different side to Elliana - one she didn't show to anyone else. The real version of herself - no filter, just her honest truth.

Emily knew deep down in her heart nothing would ever happen between the two of them. Elliana was straight. She was dating a boy, and she was attracted to boys and boys only. Although, that didn't stop Emily from dreaming in the deepest depths of her mind.

Emily suddenly felt something on her knee, and as she looked down she noticed Elliana's hand was placed there. She felt her heart rate slowly increase at the simple contact as she looked back up to Elliana.

"What are you thinking about?" Elliana urged, noticing Emily was deep in thought. 'You' was what Emily wanted to say, but of course she didn't. Instead, she blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Do you want to go get boba?"

So excited to be starting my emilliana book! I won't be writing anything that crosses boundaries until I can be sure what Elliana and Emily are comfortable with being written about them since they are both real teenage minors and not fictional characters, so heads up this book is very light/wholesome romance only! Let me know your predictions / what you hope to see in this book :)