2. Boba

Emily's POV

Me and Elliana had gone out to the mall to get some boba. I'd only suggested it randomly as a way to change the topic of conversation, but surprisingly she was down. It was actually kind of cute how excited she was when I mentioned it...

Regardless, the two of us had just ordered our drinks and were half way through drinking them when we walked past an orange juice machine. "OH my god, no way!" Elliana screamed. I nearly dropped my drink out of surprise. "Jeez, you startled me, what's wrong?" I questioned her, holding a hand over my heart.

"Nothing's wrong, everything's RIGHT" she giggled, running over to the machine. Ah, so that's what had caused such a reaction from her. "I'm guessing you like this orange juice machine, huh?" I joked. She shot me a dead-pan look, setting a serious tone. "I don't just like it, Emily. I LOVE it, with my whole heart! It's the best orange juice I've ever had but Tyler never wants to come here with me to get it" she explained.

I frowned, looking down. I hated how Tyler treated her - even if it was something as small as going to get orange juice with her, he wouldn't make the effort. I took a deep breath, trying not to get angry at the thought of him.

"Well it's a good thing he's not here now, I am, and I say we get orange juice!" I announced. Her face immediately lit up as if I'd told her the best news of her life. "Emily, I could literally kiss you right now!" She exclaimed as she jumped over to the machine.

I paused in my tracks, my mind feeling numb. I could literally kiss you right now... It was just a figure of speech, but those words struck me more than they should have. I shook my head, trying to shake it off as I followed her to the machine.

I pulled out my purse, getting enough money out for two cups of orange juice. "Oh, no, I can pay for myself-" Elliana began before I cut her off. "No, it would be my pleasure to get something for you that makes you feel so happy" I assured with a warm smile.

Elliana looked down shyly. "I feel bad. When me and Tyler go out he never pays for anything for me, in fact he says I should be the one paying for him since I drag him out to places he doesn't want to go" she admitted. I tried to hide my expression of annoyance at the mention of his name as I payed for the juice.

We both watched as the machine cut the oranges and juiced them, with awe on our faces. Elliana loved watching it work, but more than that she loved drinking the juice. Once the drinks were ready, she grabbed both the cups and handed one to me.

She began gulping hers down, barely stopping to breathe. In a matter of what seemed like seconds she had already finished her drink, while I'd only managed to have a few sips. "That was the single best experience of my life" she proclaimed dramatically. I chuckled, shaking my head at how silly she was.

"Hey, do you want mine?" I offered. She widened her eyes at me. "What, you don't like it?!" She blurted out. "No, no, it's not that! You're right, it's like the best orange juice I've ever had, but I'm really full from the boba" I lied. To be honest, the juice was really good but I'd rather Elliana have it cause I knew how much she liked it. I knew she'd feel bad and wouldn't take it if I told her the truth, so it's better to lie and say I'm full, as long as it makes her happy.

She gratefully accepted the drink, taking it slower this time as we walked out of the mall. "This was really nice, thank you for coming here with me" she mumbled. Her voice was low, as if she was nervous to say something. "I haven't had a good day like this in a while, I really liked it. You know, just being with you... hanging out with you."

I smiled at her words, feeling my heart warm at the thought of her enjoying just being with me, just spending time with me. "I really liked it too" I replied. Gosh, if only she knew the effect her words had on me. Every time she says things like that, it only reminds me... no one else can make me feel this way.