5. Encounter

Emily's POV

Me and Elliana had gone out and spent the day together, and it was more than I could've wished for. We'd gone for breakfast in a café, gone shopping, went to the park, and had even seen a horror movie together at the theatre.

My heart still hadn't recovered from when Elliana got scared at one scene and ended up burying her face into my shoulder, her arms clasping tightly around me. If she could hear my heartbeat in that moment I'd be in a lot of trouble. For the rest of the movie she'd chosen to hold my hand to calm her nerves, which funnily enough only raised mine.

It was almost growing dark as we left the movie theatre, walking through the parking lot. "Hey, if we hurry we can catch the sun setting!" I cheered, pointing up at the sky. Elliana gasped excitedly, enthralled by the colorful hues that had already begun to peek through the clouds.

"Quick Em, let's find somewhere to sit and watch it" she giggled, skipping ahead of me. I laughed, following after her. She has no idea how cute she is when she's excited about something, and I'll never be able to get over the brightness of her smile.

Not far from us were a group of skater boys. Out of curiosity, I looked over to them when suddenly I noticed an oddly familiar face in the group. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out the features of the person my sight had caught on to. "Hey, is that Tyler?" I questioned, taking a step forward to get a better look.

Elliana's eyes immediately widened and her jaw dropped so low it nearly hit the ground. "W-what? No, that's not him, quick Emily let's turn around and walk this way" she rambled nervously, trying to force a fake laugh which came out as a nervous chuckle.

She grabbed my wrist and spun me around, leading me away but it was already too late - he had seen us. "YO! ELLI!" He bellowed from across the parking lot. She pretended not to hear her name being called and continued walking away, but that didn't stop Tyler.

He kicked up his skateboard and carried it under his arm as he began jogging towards us. "ELLIANA!" He called again as he approached us finally. She turned around and plastered on a smile as if she had only just noticed him. "Omg, Tyler, what are you doing here!" She exclaimed.

He scratched the back of his neck, looking between the two of us un confusion. It was at this moment I realized Elliana was still holding on to me, so I subtly pulled my arm away and let it fall to my side.

"You didn't hear me calling you?" He questioned, looking back to where he was previously stood on the other side of the lot. She shrugged. "Sorry, guess not" she lied.

"Uh, anyways... that's not important... you said you couldn't hang out today cause you were busy?" He questioned. That's weird... Elliana wasn't busy today, or else she wouldn't have swung by my house to hang out with me.

"Oh, yeah... busy with um... you know it's.... Emily and I are filming today. Super important video, there wouldn't have been time to bring you along, y'know?" She blatantly lied. I was baffled at her words, but nonetheless backed her up. "Oh yeah, it was super urgent" I added, nodding along.

Elliana shot me a short grateful smile, which I returned, trying to be as subtle as possible while still showing I had her back. "So... where are the cameras?" Tyler asked, looking around.

Elliana coughed as if she was choking, clearly getting nervous about what to say. "We just wrapped up" she lied once again. Tyler smiled, tilting his head to the side. "So we can hang out now then?" He questioned.

"Well..." Elliana began again, but this time she was fresh out of excuses. "I... guess so" she grimaced, trying to force a convincing smile. "Cool" Tyler grinned, leaning forward and grabbing Elliana by the wrist. "Well, see you then Emily" he saluted as he dragged Elliana away.

"Wait, wha-" Elliana began, but she was already being dragged too far to finish her sentence. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. It seems I'd just lost my friend and was now left alone to watch the sun set. It's whatever, I'll get an Uber home...

The real question that was playing on my mind was why Elliana had lied to Tyler and avoided hanging out with him, normally a girl will do the most to spend time with the person they love, but Elliana was doing the opposite. She rejected hanging out with Tyler... so why was she so eager to spend the day with me?

Sorry for not updating for a while! Let me know some cute things you want to see emilliana do <3