Six.

"You need to be careful, I'm not here to save you every time you make a mistake" I shot him a dirty look

"Well I'm sorry, I thought it was your job to save me because I'm so incapable of doing anything right" I replied sarcastically, he rolled his eyes "I have no doubt that when you got your miraculous you weren't just perfect at everything first try"

"If I had made a mistake like you I'd be dead."

"Whatever, so is my power just having a magic yoyo? Kinda dumb if you ask me"

"No, you have the power of creation"

"Uh... Meaning?"

"What do you mean meaning? It's as simple as that power of creation. The cat is destruction the ladybug is creation"

"Yeah well if I wanted to create something how would I do that?" Chat let out a sigh, I could tell he was getting irritated with me.

"I don't know why you expect me to know everything about your miraculous when I have never even seen it before" I took out my bug phone and scrolled through the manual until I found a section named 'The power of creation: lucky charm'

"Lucky charm?" I questioned, a bright light came out of no where, just like the light that had appeared when I had opened the box containing the miraculous. I covered my eyes.

"what's happening?!" Chat said nothing, he wasn't even looking at me, he seemed too interested in fidgeting with his belt. Seconds later a small folded red and black dotted paper butterfly appeared in my hand.

A butterfly? What was that supposed to mean? I looked around, there was no reason why I had an origami butterfly in my hand. "the lucky charm gives you an object to use against a specific threat When the miraculous ladybug is used with that object it repairs all damage done by said threat."

"Nothing is making any sense!" I exclaimed in irritation. Chat Noir wasn't even listening any more. He was crouched over the side of the building looking down at the streets. I threw the butterfly over the side of the building and he watched it fall.

"Are superheroes allowed to litter?" He asked, I sat down next to him

"that wasn't my best move" I admitted, "God I'm so stupid I--" I began running a hand down my face in frustration

"Stop that"

"Stop what?"

"I don't have the time to listen to you talk about how terrible you are."

"You don't look busy right now" He shook his head. We were both silent for a second before a purple butterfly landed on my shoulder. "I'm a butterfly magnet"

Chat looked up at me, the butterfly didn't seem to want to move. It sat on my shoulder. Something flashed through his eyes, he looked strangely concerned.

"What?" I questioned

"don't move" He replied through clenched teeth, "Cataclsym" he announced, touching a finger to the butterfly, turning it into dust. I stared at it in shock.

"Why did you do that?! " his eye twitched in irritation but said nothing "Hello?! You just killed a butterfly for no reason!" I was now getting incredibly annoyed by him. Why wouldn't be tell me anything?

"I get it, you think you're soo much better than me. You think I'm awful at this you--"

"Be quiet I'm thinking "

"thinking about what?"

"Theres a butterfly miraculous holder. " I raised an eyebrow

"You sound concerned, isn't another holder a good thing?"

"if it's in the wrong hands we're done for"

"wait... how did you figure that out so quickly?" I questioned

"well... what else could a butterfly mean?" I shrugged, it did make sense, although it was a little much to handle at once. I didn't believe in superheroes then suddenly I am one.

"purple butterflies are linked to the butterfly miraculous. There are records from hundreds of years ago stating as such. You shouldnt have thrown away your lucky charm"

"well that's mistake number two... After nearly falling to my death. I'll just do it again, lucky charm!" Nothing. Nothing happened.

"My miraculous broke"

"You're an idiot" a grin tugged at his lips, he was amused by me. it was the first time I had seen him shown actual emotion. His insult didn't even feel like an insult.

"What? How do I make another one? Is it one time use?"

"You need to detransform and recharge your kwami" why was this so complicated?! I wondered if I could make anything with my lucky charm. What about a dress for a wedding that had my signature sewn in? Was that possible.

I swung my yoyo to the nearest building, just leaving him there. Maybe I should've just said that I was going before just doing it, but then again he would've probably done the same.

I managed to get all the way back to my balcony. With each swing of my yoyo, it became easier. I began to enjoy it. I felt so free. No one else could do this, but me.

"Spots off" I said, hoping I remembered the detransformation words correctly, to my relief I had as the costume I had been wearing a second dematerialsed and tikki had appeared once again in front of me.

"You're a perfect Ladybug marinette!" The little creature exclaimed, I gave her an odd look

"Yeah perfect, if you count almost getting killed perfect."

"You are clumsy marinette, but you picked it up quicker than I have ever seen"

"How do you recharge?" I asked

"I need something to eat. I love sweets. Anything sweet." Good thing I live in a bakery then.

I went down to the kitchen, the kwami had flown into my pocket.

"marinette didn't I see you leave earlier?" Asked my mom. Oh god. I should've come in the front door. she knows. She definitely knows now. My life is over.

"Yes you did and then I thought you saw me coming back."

"my memory must be going, sorry sweetheart" I felt slightly guilty at lying. and at being an idiot. Chat is right, Tikki is wrong, and I'm the worst.

I grabbed a macaroon from the cupboard and put it discreetly in my pocket. And headed back to my room, until the house began to shake. Panic suddenly overcame me. I heard my mom yell something but I couldn't make out what it was as I hid under my desk.

"what's going on?! " I whispered to tikki