Chapter 13: Heartbeat

Christopher

Alec is kissing me back! Kissing. Me. Back. Pulling me closer! Am I dreaming?

Did I die?

Alec's lips slowly soften against mine. Hesitantly, I try to mold my lips to his. The rush of his scent, sweet chocolate and cream, clouds my consciousness. The hands tugging on my shirt offer me encouragement.

His skin is a hot brand beneath my hands. I cup his face fully, tilting it to align my eager sips at his intoxicating taste.

The brush of his nose against my cheek, the moisture building on our lips, the pauses in between his breaths, each one more irregular and unsteady than the last; all driving me to madness.

My pulse beats frantically in my ears. Blood sings through my body. Adrenaline surging.

Tilting my head back, I suck at Alec's mouth, never wanting to lose contact with this taste, and I open my eyes. His eyelashes rest gently closed but visible heat is rising in his cheeks. The sight is enough to take my breath away.

Sliding one hand around the nape of his neck, I anchor his face towards mine. I reach around his waist to pull him even closer. His hands catch on my shoulders, our chests pressing closer together.

His eyes drift open, the red surging higher on his cheeks. Our eyes lock and his pupils are large and focused on me.  Watching his reaction, I purposefully slide my tongue out, licking at his bottom lip, and I can feel a small shudder along his spine in time with the movement.

I trace over the same spot again with my tongue, pushing a little further, exploring and asking for more. His lips part on a small breath. Together we both push forward. His eyes shut tightly but his tongue welcomes me in, tangling and twisting with mine. I let myself get swept away in it.

Pulling him ever harder against me, his arms twine behind my neck, forcing him to arch towards me. I slide my foot forward, my leg presses against his body and he takes a smaller step back. His hands and mouth and heat still pull at me. Another step. His hips rise a little as he bumps into the desk.

Gripping him tighter, I continue to press towards his body. I want to line our bodies up with no separation. I want to push him down and taste every inch I can reach. I want more.

When his face pulls back from mine I blindly follow, trying to taste him more. Until I feel his hand settle against my chest, halting me. I have to open my eyes again and see him leaning back, one arm outstretched to me and the other holding him up against the desk. I can still feel our legs pressed against each other.

His brilliant red face is turned slightly away from mine, his eyes looking behind him. His mouth slightly swollen and red. Behind him, a mess of papers and office supplies are still settling on the floor. We must have knocked it off but I didn't even hear it.

Alec tries to push harder against me and I hurry to release him and step back. He falters a little before finding his balance and awkwardly pushes up from the desk.

A million different expressions seem to flutter over his face and he can't seem to bring his eyes to look at me. Stalking over behind the desk, I crouch down and start gathering up the mess, giving both of us some time. Slowly, the heat starts to dissipate from my own cheeks. Glancing up, Alec has his hands over his face.

"I was definitely not ready for that." My keen hearing picks up the words Alec whispers to himself.

Damn. I got carried away.

I practically flew here. Wolfing out as soon as our group reached the pack house coming home. Before the van had even come to a complete stop, I was racing here.