The 34th Floor - Chapter 1 - Grace

Author's Note:

1. Warning to everyone, this story has alternative points of view. There are five characters and five different point of views. Meaning, for the first five chapters, each of the characters will get their own points of view and then it starts all over again.

2. No, none of the same scenes will be repeated. Meaning, if one character just saw a frog run over by a car, then the next point of view won't include it. The five characters for the most part will be together so there is no need to reintroduce the scenes in each point of view.

3. If a character dies, then the point of view will be gone. Out of five characters, if one dies then right after the character dies, the point of views will automatically be shifted to four.

4. This isn't a cliché haunted house story, but it does include a penthouse. There aren't any ghosts or stuperstious things. It is a large invention made by architects and inventors in which these five kids are stuck inside of.

5. This story was orginally a part of the Watty Awards, but I decided against putting it in for the selection since I was not through with writing it. 

6. Also, for those who have read my other stories and think the romance goes too slow in those stories, this one will go faster. I don't expect this story to go over fifty or so chapters therefore the romance steps in real quick.

7. Please do not stop reading because the first paragraph is really discriptive. I promise you that I don't give that much detail once you step into the story a little. I have to describe the setting before I introduce the story.

That will be all. Longest Author's Note ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The 34th Floor

Chapter 1:

Grace

My fingers unconsciously tapped against the surface of the cold window. My head was cocked against the wall and as I inhaled and exhaled my warm breath created a smudge on the glass of the window. I used my other hand to wipe it away. Involuntarily, I repeated this. Through the window, nothing could be particularly seen besides the darkness. There was no moon to longingly gaze at or any stars to wish upon. There were no neighboring buildings or the headlights of the cars dancing around. There was nothing but a large metal panel screwed on the other side of the window, restraining anyone from seeing the beauty that lied on the other side.

I sighed, just as I had done for every second that passed on the ticking clock that was placed above the door. I pushed my body against the wall while still staying seated. My bottom seemed to be glued to the cement floor and I shut my eyes tightly feeling a jolt of pain to surge up my spine. I cursed at myself from being seated in the same position for so long, but would more could I have done. I had been unexpectedly stuck in this penthouse for hours with no source of direction or guidance. It was as if I was the only living creature within the premises of this enormous building. I had not come around roaming every extent of the building, mostly because I was afraid of what I might come across, but I had instead jumped into one of the many rooms that I felt would be the safest. By unexpectedly, I meant that I woke up this morning to the coldness of this room and the emptiness of it. I had clearly no idea as to how I had gotten inside of this penthouse and I had raked out my brain for the past hour or so, trying to figure out how. It was like someone had completely wiped out my memory and that it was now not even within my ability to get it back. I had nothing that I could use to escape this place. I was trapped without my own free will, if I had even came here without my own free will. The only thing that I had on me were my clothes which clung to me and it seemed as if the only reason they had suddenly become so tight was out of fear.