Chapter 1

Nightlykit felt soft things hitting her head. she squeals in protest till she hears a angry Yowl. "what do you think your doing to my kit" the scent of sedgestar filled Nightlykit's nose. "sedgestar let me deal with them a strong voice meows. featherflight nightlykit thought. "we just wanted her to open her eyes" a small voice quivering with fear. "you kits know better than to mess with sedgestar's kit" featherflight meows sternly. "we're sorry" the small voices meowed. "I don't wanna see you messing with my kit" sedgestar snarled and nightlykit had to see this so she forced her eyes open. she was blinded by a white light as she opened them. "her eyes are open" a black Tom squeals. nightlykit looks at the thick set brown she-cat standing next to a large black she-cat. "sedgestar her eyes are beautiful" featherflight meows. "Amber as bright as fire" sedgestar meows and walks away. " nightlykit I'm feat-" nightlykit cut her off. "hello featherflight" nightlykit licked her paw and brought it over her head. "I'm your foster mother sedgestar is your mother" featherflight meows and nightlykit shrugs "she didn't want me and that makes me not care if she's my mother or not" nightlykit slammed her paw down on the ground. "she's not my mother and that's it" nightlykit snarled and rasped her tongue over her tail getting the moss from her fur that the other kits throw on her. "nightlykit why don't you and the other kits go play in the clearing" featherflight meows softly rasping her tongue over her chest. nightlykit nods and pads out of the den with the other kits behind her. Nightlykit and rawkit wrestled with each other and they rolled into the fresh kill pile. "hey get us out of here" rawkit yowled. "rawkit, nightlykit" swiftkit yowled. stormflight who was sitting close by ran up to the pile and reached down and gasped the two kits in his jaws. "thank you stormflight" nightlykit meows. "my pleasure little ones" stormflight set them down and ran to his mate burningflower.

The kits played till it was dark and featherflight called them back to the nursery. "nightlykit you have dried animal blood on you come here so i can get it out" featherflight purrs in amusement. "featherflight do you want me as your daughter" nightlykit asked. "nightlykit you are my daughter I've raised you, fed you and cared for you your my daughter along with my other kits Omegaheart even thinks of you as his daughter" featherflight rasped her tongue over nightlykit. "Now all of you Time to sleep" featherflight nudged the kits to her nest. Crowkit,swiftkit and rawkit laid against featherflight's belly while nightlykit laid away from the kits at the edge of the nest. suddenly featherflight wrapped her tail around nightlykit. nightlykit was lifted up and laid on featherflight's side. Featherflight purred as nightlykit fell asleep nuzzled into her fur.

Nightlykit woke up during the night and saw it was moon high. she climbed off featherflight and sits in the den entrance staring up at the moon. "hello nightlykit" a voice meows. "who are you" nightlykit snarled lowly. she whipped her head around to see a starry cat standing there. "I'm deltastar" the black Tom meows. "You hold a powerful power within you" the small Tom meows.