Chapter 2

Featherflight woke to only three kits. she panicked and looks around for nightlykit. Featherflight sighed in relief when she saw nightlykit curled up by the nursery entrance. she stood up and nudged nightlykit. "yes featherflight" nightlykit yawns. "what are you doing over here" featherflight tilts her head to the side with confusion. "I woke up sometime last night and came over here to look at the moon and fell asleep" nightlykit meows softly. featherflight nods and smiles before licking Nightlykit's head. "go eat something little one" featherflight meows. Nightlykit nods and runs off to the fresh kill pile. she looks around the pile and spots what she wants. " sweetheart can you please get me that rabbit" nightlykit asked. "of course dear" sweetheart bends over and grabs the rabbit sitting it in front of Nightlykit. "thanks sweetheart" Nightlykit purrs and starts to eat.

Nightlykit was wrestling with owlflight in the clearing while the sun started to disappear. "your strong for a kit" owlflight meows and gets up. Nightlykit nods and runs to the nursery. she ran head first into featherflight and groans when she fell backwards. "Oh Nightlykit are you okay I was just coming to get you" featherflight meows. Nightlykit sat up and rubs her head nodding. she goes and lays down with the other three kits and falls asleep.

Sedgestar sighs as she watched her daughter nightlykit play with featherflight and her kits. omegaheart laid close by them watching them with amusement in his eyes. Nightlykit's gaze met sedgestar's and it harden with rage. To nightlykit sedgestar was not her mother. Nightlykit jumped on featherflight and leaps onto Omegahearts head. he purred in amusement and shakes his head. nightlykit jumps down in front of him and he purred rasping his tongue over Nightlykit's head. Nightlykit purrs and runs after swiftkit.

It has been five moons since Nightlykit's birth. she was going to be a apprentice soon and was happy to be a apprentice soon. Deltastar hasn't been in Nightlykit's dreams since that night he came. Nightlykit licked her paw and brought it over her ear. Featherflight and omegaheart were sharing tongues beside the nursery while the kits other than nightlykit played.