Chapter 3

"Nightlykit your apprentice name is nightlypaw and emufeather will be your mentor, crowkit your apprentice name is crowpaw and poolshade will mentor you, swiftkit your apprentice name is swiftpaw and owlflight will mentor you, rawkit your apprentice name is rawpaw and sorrelstep" sedgestar meows. nightlypaw touches her nose to emufeather's. featherflight and omegaheart run to there kits pride glistening in there eyes. "Nightlypaw lets get going" emufeather meows. nightlypaw nods and follows him. Suddenly a yowl broke out and three Toms charged towards the two warriors. two ran at nightlypaw knocking her over and she rolled. she yowled in fear when she looked over to see she was on a high ledge that overhangs the camp. the two cat dashed away from her and one knocked into her. Nightlypaw yowls as she
Tumbles off the ledge. Suddenly teeth meet her scruff and she hurled up off the ledge. She turned to see a white Tom with red markings and a red stripe down between his ears to his nose. he was the size of nightlypaw. "Thanks for saving me" nightlypaw meows. "no problem I'm burnt you are" the Tom meows. "I'm nightlypaw" she meows. "meet me tonight" burnt meows. "where" nightlypaw meows. "by the old oak trees" burnt meows. Nightlypaw knew the old oak trees were outside the border. she nods and burnt takes off. emufeather ran up "are you okay I saw you go over the ledge" emufeather looked nightlypaw over.

Nightlypaw peered out of the apprentice den and dashed for the thorn barrier. Sorrelstep sat guarding the entrance. "what are you doing up this late" the tortoiseshell and white she-cat asked. "can't sleep" nightlypaw meows softly. "ok be back soon" sorrelstep meows and nightlypaw dashed away. she ran to the old oak trees. Burnt sat beneath one "you came" he exclaimed in delight and jumped on nightlypaw. nightlypaw and burnt played till the sun started to peak throw the trees. "Burnt i must go back to my clan" nightlypaw meows. "can you meet me here tomorrow night" burnt asked. nightlypaw raced back towards the camp.

Featherflight sat by the medicine den when a battle cry erupted from outside the camp. a large group of rogues raced into the camp. A large blue/grey Tom launched himself at featherflight but she met him with a hard shoulder to the chest. he laid on be ground winded from the blow from the large warrior. featherflight flexed her claws on the toms neck. "leave before I rip your fur from your body" she snarled. the Tom nods and runs for his life. featherflight looks up "who's guarding the nursery" she yowled. suddenly she sees who's standing in the nursery entrance. " Nightlypaw" featherflight muttered. rawpaw leaps over nightlypaw and onto a white Tom with grey paws. nightlypaw jumped on the Tom and he lashed out at both apprentices. featherflight's ears flattered to her head as she heard a wail of agony come from both apprentices. nightlypaw and rawpaw laid on the ground with blood glistening In there pelts. omegaheart bowled the Tom over as featherflight raced across the clearing to her two kits. featherflight panicked at the blood gushing from nightlypaw's side and blood gushing from rawpaw's chest. sweetheart sprints towards them and drops her herbs beside the two bleeding apprentices. She started to press cobwebs to Nightlypaw's side while silverstripe pressed cobwebs pressed cobwebs to rawpaw's chest. rawpaw groaned when silverstripe pressed more cobwebs to his chest. nightlypaw hasn't made a single noise and it painfully still. sweetheart sighs and looks at featherflight "this is all I can do its up to her and spiritclan now" sweetheart meows. "sweetheart rawpaw isn't breathing" silverstripe panicked. sweetheart looks at rawpaw "he's dead silverstripe" sweetheart meows in defeat. suddenly nightlypaw's chest fluttered as she fought to breath.