III. R I S K F A C T O R S

Cassie had gotten into a routine by the time the weekend came around

Cassie had gotten into a routine by the time the weekend came around. She and her brother would ride to school, Bella and her would talk about their current crushes, and should would finish her homework at a café, where she had gotten addicted to.

After her encounter with Jasper, Cassie hadn't seen him. She and Bella have gotten closer, and Bella told her that she had the same experience with Edward.

Over the weekend, Cassie spent her days hanging out at the cafe, and getting to know Bella more. Even though they've only known each other for a week, Cassie felt like they were going to be great friends.

********

As Cassie climbed into her car, Chris jabbed her arm.

"So, what's up with you and that Hale kid?" He asked.

"Kid? You know he's older than you." Cassie smirked, starting her car.

"Seriously Cass. I heard stuff about how you've attracted his attention." Chris said, brushing off her statement. " And from what I've seen, I don't like it."

Cassie rolled her eyes, shifting the gear into drive. "That's just rumors. And besides, you've never talked to him, so don't start judging him." Cassie scolded, turning out of the neighborhood.
"I don't know. He's weird." Chris stated.
"He's not weird." Cassie defended, annoyed at her brothers statement," He's just....different."

********

"An animal attack" Cassie asked, leaning against her locker. Bella was shoving her stuff into hers, filling Cassie in on what her dad told her.

"Yeah. My dad is checking it out, I'm just worried, you know? What animal could do that?"

Cassie shrugged. "A bear?"

Bella shook her head. "No, this feels off."

Cassie nodded. " I mean, I'm sure your dad will be fine. My dad will be there, plus there's going to be people all around, so an animal can't get far."

Bella nodded, smiling at the girl. " Yeah, I guess. Thanks Cass."

"Anytime my friend!" Cassie said, the girls hauling to their classes.

*********

The day went by in a blur, and Cassie was finally able to sit with her friends, and relax a little. Before she could say anything, Bella tugged her down, so she could whisper to her.

"Hey guess who's here?" She asked, Cassie looking around the cafeteria.

"Who?" Cassie, asked. Bella motioned over to the Cullen table, and she saw Jasper had finally joined the table again, and besides him, a boy who liked his adopted siblings, had flawless skin and breath taking golden eyes. He was speaking to Jasper, while both their eyes locked on the two girls.

"I'm assuming that's Edward?" Cassie asked, Bella nodding.

"I wonder why they have been gone so long?" Bella said, Cassie nodding.