XI. T H E R U N

Edward dropped Jasper and Cassie off, after they quickly created a plan

Edward dropped Jasper and Cassie off, after they quickly created a plan. The green-eyed girl was a ball of anxiety, approaching her house, fiddling with her ring. She didn't want to loose anyone else, the way her dad acted after her mom died, it was something she didn't want anyone feeling again.

Before she could enter, Jasper cupped her face, and kissed her softly. "Everything will be ok." He whispered to her, "Go on."

Cassie took a deep breath, opening the door and stepping into her living room, the smell of fish coming from the stove. "Cass! Hey!" Erica said, her face lighting up when her step-daughter came through the door. Her face dropped when she saw Cassie's face. "What's wrong?"

"I have to go." She said quickly running upstairs to grab a few things.

Daniel and Erica looked at each other in shock, before following the girl upstairs.

"What? Cassie!" Daniel called out, trying to catch up with her. "Tell us what's going on!"

They finally caught up with her, watching as she threw random articles of clothing into her backpack. Having enough, Daniel snapped. "Cassandra Davie, you will tell us what's going on!"

Cassie froze for a second, then turned to her parents. "Bella and Edward had a fight. It was bad." She began, as she continued to pack. "She's leaving Forks, but she's driving, and I'm really worried.....I'm going to go with her, and try and talk her back into coming back, or at least to think about it."

"Hey-" Daniel began, but Erica cut him off with a hand gesture.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" She asked, turning back to Cassie.

"I don't know, but I have to go soon, if I'm going to catch her in time." Cassie let out a sigh, knowing that Erica approved of her leaving.

She ran downstairs, but before she could reach the door, Erica stopped her. She pulled her into a hug, "Be safe, love." Cassie nodded, before disappearing out the door.

When she left the house, Edward was waiting with the jeep, Jasper already inside. "They won't hurt them, right?" She asked once she was buckled in.

"No. I won't let them." Jasper said, kissing her forehead.

*********

Edward, Bella, and Emmet arrived right as Jasper and Cassie hoped out of the vehicle. Jasper wrapped him arm around Cassie as he lead her up the step. Watching as they met up with the couple, Cassie felt a ting of guiltiness. They where risking there lives, for what? A couple of humans?

Before she could think of anything else, Edward turned towards her, "Don't feel guilty. You're not just a couple of humans. You're family, whether you like it or not." Cassie smiled up at him, nodding in appreciation. Cassie then noticed how closet this Coven was. It wasn't like James and his coven. They're weren't just hunting buddy's. They where family, blood or not.