XII. F A T A L A T T R A C T I O N

The car ride was one of the longest things Cassie has ever had to endure

The car ride was one of the longest things Cassie has ever had to endure. It was almost painful not knowing what was happening. All she could do was keep her eyes in front of her.

The brunette tried to keep herself busy with music or talking to Alice, but nothing helped with how the ride dragged on. It felt almost like they've been on the road for days. Bella was occupied in the back calling her mom's phone repeatedly, but Renee never seemed to answer.

They finally where able to get a hotel room, which only happened because Alice knew how to sweet talk the front desk. Bella was still trying to contact Renee, while Cassie and Alice sat on the bed, watching the news on the T.V.

After not hearing from her for a while, Cassie turned to check in on Alice, only to see a distanced look plastered on her face. Looking at Bella, the two girls knew what was happening. "Alice?" Cassie asked, scooting over, while Bella ran over to the couch. "What do you see? What is it?"

"The tracker...."Alice recalled, "He just changed course." She held up her hand, motioning for the paper that sat on the coffee table. Grabbing the paper, Cassie handed it to Alice, snatching the pen that Bella was handing her. Watching as she scribbled on the paper, both girls sat in anticipation.

"Where will it take him?" Bella asked.

"Mirrors." Alice answered, still drawing. "A room full of mirrors."

"Jasper said the visions weren't always certain. " Cassie spoke up, watching the pencil dance across the paper.

Bella frowned, leaning down at the drawing. "The course James is taking now will lead him to a Ballet studio?" She asked.

Alice stopped drawing, snapping her head towards Bella. "You've been here?"

"I took lessons as a kid." Bella answered, "The school I went to had an arch just like that."

"Was your school in Phoenix?" Alice asked. Cassie already knew the answer, her stomach dropping. Something about the situation wanted to make her throw up.

"Yeah." Bella answered, her and Cassie's phones going off simultaneously.

Cassie's heart leapt when she read the caller ID. "Jasper?"

"Cas." He answered, his voice flooding with relief. " We lost the tracker." He explained, Cassie biting her nails due to anxiety. "Everyone is alright, but the woman is still In the area. Edward and I are coming to get you guys."

Cassie sniffed softly, trying to hold her tears back. "What are we going to do?" She asked, her voice cracking, giving her emotion away.

"I don't want you to worry, darlin'" Jasper said, his accent showing slightly. "The four of us...We'll go somewhere together. We'll figure something out."

Cassie nodded to herself, " And Dad, Erica, and-"

"All safe." Jasper interrupted, making Cassie sigh in relief.