Chapter 49 TATVSW

"Huy Pare, sure ka bang sa simabahan pumunta ang Ate ko?"

Even though it's already 10 early morning, we're still waiting for Elish to come home to surprise her with her birthday party. Her and my friends have come and are waiting as well. We even shut all the windows, curtains, and doors and try not to talk too loudly so that we may hear Elish if she comes home.

"Yeah, it was written on the note she left," I said, shaking my head and looking at the wall clock, as time passed, I felt more worried, I should've come with her to the church but she didn't even tell me that she's going to church. 

"Alam ko na 5 am ang simula ng misa kaya dapat tapos na 'yon. Hindi gawain ni Ate ang pumunta sa iba pagkatapos magsimba."Explination by Jayden. Everyone is wondering. I examine the food I cooked with the assistance of my friends, I don't want it to go to waste. I'd like to watch Elish try every dish I've made for her. I even prepare a cake for her, despite my lack of baking skills.

"Tawagan mo nga Pare."Jayden's command to me

"She's not responding, and the person on the phone just keeps saying, 'the number you dialed is out of coverage area,'" I said even mocking how the girl sounds, then picked my phone from the table to see whether Elish had left me a message, but there was neither a message nor a call. She hasn't responded to any of my texts.

"Baka naman mayroon lang binili? Hintayin pa natin. Malay mo bumili ng handa kasi hindi niyo sinurprise kahapon."James blustered in the middle of the conversation. If Elish indeed bought anything, why is it taking her so long to get home? What store did she visit? sa Japan? And beside! I did surprise her. The flowers, the message, the ring, and the... the--- hot kiss we shared together.

Geez! I'm starting to get the feeling that something is wrong right now, I know Elish would update me every hour since that's what she's done every hour since the time we became a couple, and so do i... so what's going on seems odd to me. Elish should be home right now, but she hasn't returned.

I contacted the number of people I trusted who I assigned to keep an eye out for and investigate Jacob and Zyra at all times. They're also the ones that stand outside Elish's house and guard Elish's siblings when Elish and I travel to our private location. When they responded, I immediately interrogated them about goddamn Jacob and Zyra, wondering if they were up to anything sinister. 

[No unusual behavior, Boss.]One of my people reported. "Then, where are they right now?"I asked.

[Wait, Boss. Nasaan nga tayo, tol?}

[GAgi, nasa Wellspring tayo--- tumawag si Boss?]I just keep listening to my people's conversations.

[Ahh... We're at Wellspring, boss. Jacob is just roaming around and eating anywhere, while Zyra is still on Welfare.]He answered. And my people up to date me that Zyra fled from the welfare and went to the University to meet with Elishiana; I even saw the evidence because they photographed them. I haven't talked to Elishiana about it since Elishiana hasn't talked to me about it either.

"Just keep an eye on them," I added before hanging up the phone then glanced at my friends who were listening to me, remembering that they had no idea what was going on or who Jacob is that I mentioned on the phone.