Xyrus academy

After getting out of the carriage, an incredible view opened up to me.

A giant building that was bigger than the royal palace, which is located in the center of the city of Xyrus. Massive walls, 16 meters high, created a feeling of complete security.

A lot of people in student costumes crowded around the giant gate. Each of them was holding a card of a student of the academy. This card was issued to all students of the academy, the card was needed for identification.

This card could not be forged, each student's card had its own watermark, which was checked by special equipment.

The guards who stood near the gate diligently checked all the students' cards.

The Xyrus Academy was the safest place in the whole kingdom, only those who worked or studied at this institution were allowed to enter there.

Students were not allowed to leave the territory of the academy, this academy ensured the complete safety of every student. If a student decided to leave this academy without the written permission of any teacher who teaches classes in exactly the class in which this student is studying, then he could simply be expelled for not meeting the requirements of this academy.

This academy was very strict with violators.

There were only two ways to enter this academy.

The first method was simple, you had to be born into the family of some influential aristocrat. But if you didn't have a talent for magic, then you will be kicked out in your first year anyway.

The second method is more complicated, you had to be at least at the light red mana core stage. Or just have an ethereal core of any stage.

In short, it's one thing to enroll in this academy, it's another thing to stay in it until the end of the fourth year.

The students who were able to form the ethereal core had a special attitude, they were sent to a special class called "Class for the study of ethereal Arts".

And by the way, I was in this class.

For 500 years, people did not even understand what ether was, but the hero Arthur left notes, they described in detail what ether is and what it is. Scientists from Dicathen diligently studied these records, conducted experiments.

And in the end, 300 years ago, two ways were studied how to form the etheric core.

The first method was simple, special tattoos were applied to the newborn child's body, these tattoos were collected from the atmosphere of ether particles and connected them in a certain area of the body, but the chance that this method would work is terribly small.

The second method had no more chance of success, the chances of survival in the process of creating an ethereal core was a big question. Special equipment was created. Many needles were stuck into the human body, ether was poured into the human body from these needles. Everyone's chances of survival were different, only a few were able to create an ethereal core in this way. Basically, a person lost control of the ether in his body, and just exploded...

The ether was terribly amenable to human control, everyone knew that it was almost impossible to control the ether in your body, let alone create an ethereal core, but some people still try to create an ethereal core in this way.

I was walking straight to the huge gate, all the people within a 10-meter radius were looking at me. Some girls, looking at me blushing, were discussing something.

I showed my student card to the guard, he checked it and opened the gate.

"You can go through, Mr. Wykes," said the guard who was checking my card.

"I hope you have a good time, young master," said the maid who was with me all the time.

I nodded and said, "I'll see you later, Emma."

It was forbidden to bring their servants to the academy.

After saying goodbye to Emma, I entered the academy grounds. Many students walked around the spacious courtyards of the academy.

Lessons will start tomorrow, this day was dedicated to the students being able to make friends with each other.

I went to the giant central building, this building was the academy itself.

Many races filled the courtyards of the academy, elves, dwarves, people, all walked and talked among themselves.

Some wanted to start a conversation with me, but I just ignored them, it was a waste of time.

"You trash, how dare you touch my shoulder," said a fat student with brown hair.

"Come on, dude, I just accidentally bumped you with my shoulder, why make a big deal out of a molehill?" said a thin student with black hair and blue eyes.

A second later they noticed me, a fat student with brown hair turned pale when he saw me wearing the uniform of the disciplinary committee.

But I just walked past them as if they simply didn't exist.

The fat student grinned and spoke– "See? Commoners shouldn't be here, this is an elite place, even the disciplinary committee turns a blind eye to it."

I stopped and met the fat student's gaze – "What are you, that he is just trash, I won't even waste my time on you"

Having said that, I resumed my steps.

The eyes of all the students who were nearby widened, they were shocked. How could a member of the disciplinary committee talk to students like that? - that's what everyone thought.

But I didn't care, I knew I wouldn't get anything for it. I am the firstborn of the great Wykes family, I was able to form an ethereal core, no one will do anything to me, maybe there will be a warning from the director, but nothing more.

Entering a giant six-story building, I headed to the second floor. Students could be found along the corridors.

On the second floor there was a classroom where our first classes would be held.

Stopping at the entrance to the classroom, I stretched out my hand to open the door.

Opening the door, I was greeted by a rather creepy atmosphere.

The twelve students looked at each other with cold expressions, seeing me, they switched their creepy aura to me.

Only two of the students had normal facial expressions.

The first student had a drop of sweat on his forehead, it was clear that the creepy aura in the classroom was pressing on him. He was wearing a purple uniform, which was issued to all students of the "Ethereal Class". Black hair and black eyes... He was quite handsome, he couldn't be called ugly.

The second student was just looking out the window, nothing seemed to bother her, she was just looking out the window...

She had white hair and golden eyes, they shone in the light like big gems, she was dressed in the uniform of the disciplinary committee, she was very beautiful.

Only an idiot didn't know who she was.

Lisa Eralith, descendant of the hero Arthur.

(If there are errors in this chapter, please point them out)