chapter five; slumped

in the middle of the night,

(third person pov)
** tuesday **

Marinette walks into Felix's office with a coffee in hand, "Here Felix." she says, not expecting a thank you, since yesterday he didn't say anything.

"Thank you, Ms. Marinette." he says, with a tired look in his eyes. Marinette stops in her tracks, "No problem Felix.." she says trying to observe his face without making it obvious.

"Not that I care.." she thought to herself, she turns away, looking around at his cluttered office. "Hey.. Felix, could I maybe, you know.. organize your office a little bit?" she says quietly, trying not to agitate him.

"Please do, Ms. Dup- Marinette." he says, putting a hand to his forehead and sighing loudly.

His eye bags were so dark, his forehead had wrinkles from him trying not to fall asleep, he kept reading the documents, nearly falling onto the document.

Marinette walks over to the couch and starts stacking all of the documents, "Felix would you like these by date or by alphabetical order?" she says, in a mocking tone.

He sighs and rolls his eyes. "Marinette, if you're going to joke, you might as well turn in your employee badge and get out." he says with an annoyed tone.

She ignores his little side comment and starts organizing them by date and companies. She sits up against the couch for hours trying to sort out every little document.

Eventually, Marinette takes a break, she's not even half-way through the papers when she starts yawning and walking her way to the break room to grab some coffee.

"Marinette." Felix calls out before she can walk through the office door, he motions towards his coffee cup, trying to ask her to get him some too.

"You could ask nicely." she says with a nasty tone, "Ms. Marinette, may I remind you, when you work for ME you do what I say. Got it?", and then he holds up the coffee cup even higher.

She walks over and snatches it out of his hands, he starts to have a smirk on his face and she rushes out of his office.

Marinette wants to almost rip her hair out, she is filled with anger, and she is about to smash his cup. Her hands are shaky, usually she wouldn't be nervous about standing up for herself, but Felix made her feel stupid and weak.

She fills up both cups and makes her way back to the office, when she arrives, Felix is half-asleep on his keyboard. She sets his coffee down next to him quietly and lets him sleep.

Meanwhile, Marinette goes and sits back down by all the papers, and starts working again.

By the time she's almost done, it's already nighttime, Felix still seems to be asleep.

(an hour later)

Felix wakes up, he starts panicking, he lost the whole work day...? "What the..." he says as he sees Marinette passed out, her head on the couch and her slumped over.

He walks over to her and taps her, "Marinette wake up, this is highly unprofessional." he says with a stern look on his face.

She wakes up quickly, and starts looking all around her, she quickly stands up. "What time is it?!" she says, checking her watch.

"I got to go home! Felix the papers are almost all done! They are all in the filing cabinet by your office door. Bye!" she says, trying to rush home.

Felix stood there wide-eyed, she did this all.. in one day? He checks his watch, it's 19:37.. she started when she came to work. A good 11 hours and thirty minutes.

Felix didn't feel bad that he made her do the work though, he knew she could. He then turned off his computer, shut off the office lights, and made his way home too.
~~
When Felix finally made it home, he took off his work clothes and changed into his sweats and a t-shirt. He grabbed a new bottle of red wine and started drinking it.

As usual, he stands out staring at the city, seeing the lights, especially the familiar, pink curtains. He felt at ease seeing those pretty pink curtains.
<><><>
I wonder who's pink curtains those are 🤔