Chapter 2 1/2: Charlie's POV

I came home only to find it dark and empty. This was weird, usually Blaire would be in the kitchen cooking dinner after they was finished with their homework and chores "Blaire?!" I called out as I walked into the kitchen.

The kitchen was cold and dark like the entryway and living room "Blaire?!" I called out again before my gaze landed on a stack of court papers and a note.

My blood ran cold at the familiarity of the situation.

I shakily sat down at the kitchen table and read the note first.

(Insert dramatic voiceover here)

Dear Charlie
By the time you read this I will be gone.

You always said that I was your daughter. You always said that I could come to you if I needed you. But that was all a lie wasn't it?

I was just a replacement for what you lost. Renee and Bella. For the past eleven years I've lived with you under this roof and I've taken care of you. Then Bella comes back and everything changes. Suddenly I'm gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

I tried to tell you what was going on. I tried to tell you about Bella's harsh and horrible words. I tried to tell you about the bruises that littered my skin. I tried to tell you about the rumors around town. I tried to tell you about the bullies. But you didn't listen and you slapped me.

You chose a person who abandoned you because she didn't like the weather in Forks, over s person who stood by your side. For eleven years I was here drying your tears, feeding you, making sure that the bills were paid, that you were healthy, and holding your hand but not anymore.

This is goodbye Charlie.

-Blaire Noire.

I froze after I read the note. I shook as I looked over at the papers and read 'Transference of Guardianship' and saw Blaire's name alongside a man by the name of Bruce Wayne. I started shaking "No, no, no!" I ran around the house before realizing that they was actually gone and all traces of them were gone as well.

There were no photos of them in the living room and their room was turned into Bella's weeks ago. Then an idea popped into my head. The attic!

I ran up that attic stairs only to find boxes. Stacks and stacks of boxes. I maneuvered though them and stopped once I found a mattress with pillows and a familiar red quilt on top of it. I grabbed the quilt before looking around and finding a box that said 'Blaire' on it and dragging it downstairs to the living room.

I went through the box and found School pictures, paper copies School records, health records, some old art projects, and a few baby teeth. I looked at a picture taken on the day I officially adopted them and a picture taken from last year.

The first picture was of me and them. They sat on my shoulder and beamed at the camera in a wide smile showing their missing two front teeth. The second showed them sitting on the back of Billy's truck with Jake. They stared up at Jake with a face full of affection.

I looked back at the quilt that might as well have been their baby blanket. I had given it to them after adopting them to help them sleep like a comfort item.

 I had given it to them after adopting them to help them sleep like a comfort item

I raised it to my face and inhaled the sweet scent of roses and jasmine. I started crying. I sobbed for hours before getting up and grabbing the papers before going over to Billy's. I explained everything that happened when I got home and Billy looked over the paperwork before finding Bruce Wayne's phone number. I dialed it into Billy's home phone and waited for him to answer.

"Hello? Bruce Wayne speaking."

"Where's my kid Wayne?"

"I'm sorry? Who is this?"

"Charlie Swan I'm Blaire's father.

"Oh, I see, well Blaire's not your kid anymore Mr. Swan. They're mine."

"No they're not!"

"Yes, they are. Blaire called me crying the other night and asked if the scholarship that I offered them three years ago was still available. Thankfully it was. I went to their house and I was surprised, horrified, and disgusted by what I saw. Do you know what I saw Mr. Swan?"

I remained silent and Wayne continued.

"First I saw Blaire covered in cuts and bruises from your daughter's hands then I noticed that there were no pictures or memorabilia of Blaire in your house. Do you know what that tells me?"

I again remained silent.

"Blaire was never a part of your family. You just hired a live in maid. Do the right thing Mr. Swan and just sign the papers" with that he hung up on me and I slumped onto Billy's couch. Billy placed his hand on my shoulder and said "Just sign the papers" I snapped my head up to his face "What do you mean sign the papers?! Who's side are you on?" Billy frowned at my wording and said "I'm on Blaire's side. The past three months you've proven to them where your loyalty and heart lies."

"Do the right thing and sign that papers, Charlie. Blaire deserves better that this after everything they've done for you" Billy then wheeled himself out of the room. I just sat there staring at the papers.