Chapter 06: The team

Blaire's POV

Today was the day

Today was the day. I was finally going to meet the Teen Titans, my new teammates. I sat between Damian and Dick who were both in their hero costumes along with Tim who rode shotgun with Bruce. Halfway there Tim turned to me and said "Hey, you should probably suit up" I look at him in confusion before he tossed me a duffel bag and points to a door.

I get up and hesitantly do as asked. I enter the bathroom and change into the clothes I've been handed. I put on a domino mask under the original one.

 I put on a domino mask under the original one

The corset piece gave me a little trouble as I've never worn one before, but I managed

The corset piece gave me a little trouble as I've never worn one before, but I managed. When I walked out I was met with Dick whistling "Look at you!" He gushed while Damian looked unimpressed "Father, are you sure that, that uniform is appropriate? The media will sexualize Blaire!" I look at him nervously and Bruce responds with "It's temporary until Blaire has more training and understanding of their abilities. Be sure to call them Starling in public."

Damian begrudgingly nodded and I sat next to him and took his hand. He squeezed mine in response.

We finally arrived at the giant T shaped tower to see a group of people waiting for us. We landed and exited the jet. First we were greeted by a red haired, orange skinned woman with green eyes "Greetings, Batman. Where is the new recruit?" She asked, Batman nodded "Starfire" he then turned to me, who was standing between Damian and Dick, all eyes followed. I swallowed and said "Hi, I'm Starling, it's nice to meet you" Starfire smiled and said "Hello Starling, welcome to Titan Tower."

She then tried to grab my hand, presumably to take me somewhere, but Damian cut her off and walked me over himself making Starfire and Batman exchange looks before following. We stopped in front of a group of teenagers. One of which levitated over "Yo' Robin! You never introduced me to your little girlfriend" he smirked before grabbing my hand "Pleasure to meet you Starling I'm Jon Kent, or Superboy" he then kissed the back of my hand.

Damian immediately intervened and said while pulling me away from him "Kent, please restrain yourself, Starling is my younger sibling and you should treat them with the utmost respect. The same goes for all of you. If anyone disrespects them again there will be repercussions, am I understood?" Damian glared down at Jon only to be met with startled and confused faces all around. Except for one girl with gray skin and dark purple hair "Starling's non-binary. Robin's very protective of them and felt that Jon was disrespecting them and their gender identity."

I wiggled out of Damian's protective hold and approached her "That's right! Thank you for explaining and understanding" I smiled behind my mask which she must've sensed because she smiled back and said "No problem. It's nice to meet you Starling, I'm Raven" I extended a hand for her to shake which she gently grabbed "It's nice to meet you too Raven!" I was then introduced to everyone else.

Some did ask about my gender identity and what it meant, but most were interested in my relationship with Robin, and Batman as they've heard him call the man in black 'father' from time to time.

At the end of it we were all inside. Dick and Bruce were talking to Starfire about something, while Tim was over with Connor Kent or Superboy the 1st and Cassandra Sandsmark or Cassie/Wonder Girl not to be confused with Cassie Cain back home who shares the title of Batgirl like Connor shares Superboy with Jon. Speaking of Jon he was currently approaching Damian and I on the couch as we were curled up and reading a book in Arabic that Damian provided the translations for since there were still some things that I didn't recognize. I had removed my first mask for comfort but kept the domino mask on.

"Hey, uh, Starling? I'm sorry about before I didn't know that you were non-binary" he said bashfully, making me smile "It's fine, Jon, you didn't know and it happens all the time" "Just don't do it again" Damian growled making me turn to him and say "Be nice, شمسي ونجومي( shamsi w nijumi)" (my sun and stars) the last part being in Arabic and immediately catching his attention "أنت متسامح جدا مع ضوء القمر الخاص بي ('ant mutasamih lilghayat mae daw' alqamar alkhasi bi)" (you're too forgiving my moonlight).
It brought a smile to my face.

Ever since I started learning Arabic Damian's been more vocal about his affections for me. He's learning but his protectiveness over me shows how much he cares. I turn to Jon who stared at us in confusion "It's water under the bridge. I look forward to working with you" Jon smiled but before he could say anything Starfire and Dick approached us and said "Good, because you two are spending a week here at the tower training for Starling's first mission" my eyes widened "What? I have my first mission at the end of the week?!" Jon nodded "That's way too soon!" Damian glared at Dick and said "They're not ready."

Dick sighed and said "Batman's orders" and walked away. Bruce wouldn't actually throw me to the wolves like that, would he?