Chapter 10: Just sign the damn papers

Blaire's POV

I sat between Damian and Raven inside the limo as Alfred drove us to Charlie's house

Jon sat across from me with Stephanie on his left and Tim on his right. My entire family was here with me for support. Jason, Dick, Cassie, Stephanie, Tim, Bruce, Damian, Alfred, Xenos and Barbra along with my friends Jon and Raven. Jon's family wanted to come as they saw me as a daughter, but I convinced them to hang back as we already had enough super heroes off duty, but that didn't stop them from listening in to us and making sure that we were safe.

I knew that Kara(supergirl) and Conner were the ones most concerned if that flash of red, black, and blue throughout the forest were any indication of their silent pursuit. Clark, however, hung back with Lois and was no doubt telling her the step by step process of our little trip as well as Martha and Jonathan Kent.

We finally arrived at the tiny two story white house where I used to live for nine years of my life. Alfred opened the door for all of us with Barbra exiting first with the help of Dick. Everyone else clambered out after, leaving me as the last one out with Xenos on my shoulders. I looked at the state of the exterior and frowned. There were dry dead weeds that attempted to grow during the summer months when the temperature raised to 78 degrees and the stone path leading to the front door was covered in moss and mud from lack of care and the paint on the house was faded and wearing down from all the rain it gets.

I knew that all this was from lack of my diligent care, and I hoped that Charlie or Bella at least kept the inside presentable.

Unfortunately as we walked up the creaky steps and knocked on the door, which was soon opened by Charlie my hopes diminished. The house reeked of alcohol, sex, and man BO which made everyone grimace and crinkle their noses. There were cans and bottles of Charlie's favorite cheap beer all over the floor and I could just make out mountains of dirty clothes in the laundry room and dishes in the one at the sink area.

In other words the house was a wreck.

Charlie caught sight of me and blinked in shock "Blaire?" He asked as if he was seeing a ghost. I winced but nodded "Hi, Charlie" I was then pulled inside the house by my upper arm making Xenos hiss "You're finally home! Great because we desperately need your help with the house" Charlie said excitedly as if I just left for a trip instead of moving out making Xenos hiss again.

Damian entered and pulled Charlie off of me and stood between us "No, Blaire's not coming back to you" Damian growled viciously while Barbra, Bruce, Jon, Alfred, and Raven entered. Everyone else stood outside in silent support as they all glared at Charlie. Charlie blinked before saying "What are you talking about? Of course they came home to me. I'm all they have, no one else wanted them and the orphanage was about to throw them out because they're a freak" I flinched at the old name that I'd been labeled with my entire life.....that is before I moved in with Bruce and became Starling the moonlight of Gotham.

"Watch your mouth Mr. Swan. That's my child your talking about" Bruce snapped, startling Charlie "Your kid? Are you kidding me?! Blaire you don't seriously believe them do you? I'm the only one who cares about you. I put a roof over your head and clothes on your back. They're just exploiting you!" That made me snap "Are you serious Charlie?! That's the bare minimum! Your supposed to provide shelter and clothes for your child, that's part of being a parent! You exploited me! I had to get a job at eleven years old because you needed extra money for child support for Bella! You had me take care of an entire house at age five and treated me like a live in maid!"

He seemed startled by my outburst and feebly argued "Every kid has chores—" I cut him off "There's chores, then there's a job. I took care of the entire house for you! I paid the bills, I kept it clean, I saved money for your child support, I put food on the table, and I took care of you! You're forty years old! I was five and taking care of you and the house! I took care of everything because you said that I had too, and you don't see a problem with that, do you?" Charlie remained silent and he glared at the toe of his shoe "I saved you from the orphanage-" he started again but I cut him off "If given the choice of the orphanage and you, I'd choose the latter. Better yet a coffin would have made a nicer and more loving home than you, Charlie."

That silenced him.

I stood there shaking and crying as I glared at the man who stole my childhood for his own selfish gain.  Xenos mewled and nuzzled my face while licking away my tears.Damian wrapped his arms around me and Raven and Jon approached before doing the same as they tried to comfort me. Years of negligence and emotional/psychological abuse came out and left me in a fragile state of mind.

My friends walked me back out to the limo and allowed me to get in. Raven sat with me in the car and comforted me with Stephanie, Cassie, and Barbra joining in while I held Xenos like a teddy bear.Damian and Jon stood outside the limo like two bouncers glaring at the house that was my prison for nine years. Jason, Tim, and Dick stood in front of the open door glaring inside while Bruce and Alfred talked to Charlie.

Bruce's POV
I stared at the rugged man with contempt and said "Sign the papers Mr. Swan, or I will take you to court for custody over Blaire, and they will surrender them into my care" Charlie scoffed at me.

"No they won't. You have no reason to take Blaire away from me" he sneered, making me raise an eyebrow "Actually I do" I pulled out a Manila envelope revealing Blaire's underweight and bruised form both from when they moved in with me and when I first met them. Then there was the doctor's letter from a psychiatrist in Gotham which read.

After interviewing Mx. Blaire Noire Swan nee Wayne, I have come to the conclusion that they are suffer from PTSD from prolonged psychological abuse most likely cause by a parent or guardian. Blaire has shown signs of depression and anxiety that should've been dealt with by therapy visits and medication, but was sadly ignored by their old guardian Charlie Swan. Blaire's body dismorphia was also ignored by their old guardian when they started showing signs at age nine. Blaire should've been placed on hormone blockers until they decided what to do with their body, instead they went through the trauma of puberty and feel as if their body is marred beyond repair. All signs of need for medical attention were ignored and pushed aside leaving a hollow shell of a human being. Thankfully Mr. Wayne stepped in and intervened when he did. I have no doubt in my mind that Blaire would've not made it to their 16th birthday otherwise. I believe that Charlie Swan was criminally negligent with the safety and well-being of Blaire as he psychologically abused them and allowed his biological daughter to physically abuse them. I believe that it is in the child's best interest to remain in the custody of Bruce Wayne and would be criminally negligent otherwise.

-Doctor Gretchen Whistler

Looking through the papers and documents proving physical and psychological abuse occurred in the household made Charlie grow pale.

"Now Mr. Swan we can either do this the easy way and you sign those papers, or we can do it the hard way and we go to court which will end with you in jail for child abuse" Bruce explained, and Alfred added "Which is bad enough that you're a cop, but child abuse charges? You won't last a week" Charlie seemed to grasp the gravity of the situation as he snatched the pen from Bruce's hand and scribbled his name.

~~~mini timeskip~~~
Blaire's POV
We were leaving Forks peacefully with the signed documents when Bruce suddenly asked "Now, may we all know the big secret with Klarion? Or do you need more time? I just need a reason to not send you into the field with him."

Looks like that cat's out of the bag.

A/n: So I was thinking of writing another DC and Twilight crossover with the main character being either the daughter of Donna Troy and Charlie Swan or being the gender fluid sibling of Bella with the ability to shape shift. Let me know what you guys think!