Donor 389

[A/N: I'm back!!! Exactly two weeks later. I don't think I've ever been this quick with an update before. But yall were persistente so here you go! Also, I must say all the medical details here were very vaguely reearched so please read this as fiction not fact. Inaccuracies may occur, I'm sorry about that. I wanted to post this for my birthday last week but it wasn't quiet ready yet, but a week later is still good right? Alright enough about me. Enjoy the chapter. Cliffhanger warnings apply *hehehehehe* remember that I love yall! 😩❤️
XOXO
A. J. ]

***

Donor 389

That’s all that went through Max’s mind after the words left Helen’s lips. Even though he noticed her worried expression towards him he couldn’t master enough strength to change his expression of shock.

To his luck, her mother spoke first and took her attention away from him.

“You mean to tell me that you went against the laws of nature to conceive?”

“Well that’s one way of putting it.” The displeasure was clear in Helen’s tone though she tried to keep her composure.

“What on earth for?!”

“To have a baby of my own. To start a family. Why else would anyone put themselves through pregnancy mum?”

“Religion, child support, insanity!”

“Well none of those apply here mother. I haven’t followed in the exact rules of our religion since I left home. I don’t need any child support, and I made a conscious decision while I was of sane mind. So don’t you worry. I know what I’m doing.”

“I don’t think you do! Helen you can’t have a child on your own! I know that your generation is all about this feminist, women empowerment nonsense but being a single mother isn’t all its put up to be. How empowered do you think you’ll feel when you’re alone, dying with cramps and your child is screaming at the top of its lungs for attention? Or when father’s day comes around and they ask you why they don’t have one? Do you honestly think “I don’t know who your father is” is going to be a good enough explanation for a 5 year old?!”

The last part stung Max because clearly a part of his subconscious had already processed and stored the piece of information Hellen had just shared with her mum.

Donor 389.

“Mum I can’t do this with you right now so with all due respect can you please leave?” Helen asked, her tone sounding more and more frustrated.

“I-“

“Leave!” all semblances of respect left Helen in that moment. She didn’t seem to care that she was speaking to her mother.

Seeing the distress on her face triggered Max’s auto pilot and he approached Serwa with the utmost respect and said:

“I’m really sorry, but I think it’s best you leave. She can’t be getting so agitated and needs to rest. Maybe you can both pick this conversation up some other time.”

“There’s nothing left to say. It’s my body and my life so I will do as I please.” She spoke in emphasis to make sure she got her point across. Her mother stood, an indignant look on her face and simply said “This conversation isn’t over.”

Without giving Helen a chance to respond, Serwa Sharpe stormed out of the room and, after a brief stop to collect her things in the living room, the house.

Helen’s shoulders sank but it seemed more like they were supporting a weight rather than relieved.

Max wanted to comfort her in some way. To make her feel better. But one central revelation took all his focus and he found it hard to think about any thing else.