Chapter 3: I am not a puppy!

(Rimuru's Perspective)

We had finally reached the exit of the cave. This time I was able to get out of the cave much earlier than before. That was why this time, I wouldn't be able to see Kaval's Party enter the cave in order to investigate Veldora's disappearance. In addition, that also meant it should still be some time before Ranga and his pack attacked the goblin village.

As I was thinking that, I approached the door and opened it, allowing the sunlight to enter the cave. We crossed it, and Veldora—who had been making funny faces to entertain Reili—looked outside with a joyful expression. Reili as well; it was her first time seeing the outside world. She was looking around the vast forest that extended as far as the eye could see with sparkling eyes. I could see Ciel smiling fondly at her reaction. I couldn't help but grin as well.

"Listen up, Reili. One day, all of this will be yours..." Damn, I never thought that phrase could sound so cool when said by your own voice and directed to your own daughter. She turned to look at me in amazement. Yeah, yeah, I know, Papa is amazing, right?

I was only trying to sound cool, but that doesn't make what I said less true; one day all this will actually be hers—considering all this forest will eventually become my domain as a Demon Lord.

"Kuahahaha, you are going to conquer all this forest just for my niece's sake? As expected of you, Rimuru!" Veldora gave me the green light to go ahead and take control of the forest. It should be relieving, as this was supposed to be his territory in the first place—considering the monsters here worshiped him as a god, and that his existence alone stopped any intervention in it, yet, I can't help but think Veldora shouldn't give control of the forest so easily. I am trustworthy, but we just met a few hours ago—in this timeline—so I am not so sure what he is doing.

Also, it wasn't for Reili's sake that I was going to gain control over the Jura Forest, but for the sake of its monsters and Tempest—although I would do it only for my daughter if she wanted me to. What? I am a doting father, after all!

"Master, your grin." Oops. It seems I had started to grin without thinking about it. Nothing bad would happen if anybody noticed my grin, but it was better to maintain my cover as a serious person. I can't afford to lose everyone's respect, after all!

"Master, I believe that you have never been referred to as a 'serious person.'" Damn, Ciel, could you stop reading my mind for a second, please? You are making me look like a fool.

"Notice. Nobody is making a fool out of Master other than Master himself."

"C-Can we stop with this, Ciel? Please..."

"Understood. Then, we shall proceed with our journey." Oh yeah that's right. But, what shall we do now that the goblin village is not going to be under attack until a while from now... Mmmm? Wait. If they hadn't begun the attacks, then doesn't that mean that Rigur's brother is still alive?! I hadn't heard too much about him from neither Rigur nor Rigurd, so this could be a nice chance to meet him, and even further, to save him from his death.

"All right! Let's begin walking through the forest, alright?" Everyone just nodded and started walking. We were walking down the same path I walked down the first time. We enjoyed the view for about an hour or so, taking regular stops to let Reili walk around and interact with nature. She seemed very excited, walking up to small plants and smelling them, or chasing after small bugs and birds. It was a priceless scene, to be honest.

"Papaaaaaa!" She came running toward me while she had her hands on her back.

"What is it, sweetie?" I kneeled down in front of her and smiled. She slowly showed me her hands and presented me with a small flower. The flower was red, in a tone that was similar to that of her hair, and was shaking lightly because of the air.