(Non-canon) Chapter 20: Haa haa, haa haa

(Ciel's Perspective)

"Wh-Whyyyyyyy nanodaaa!"

"Ku. Ku. Ku. Micchan will never win against Reili!"

Reili striked a victory pose as she stood from her seat. Letting a mocking laughter from her tiny mouth, she looked down at Milim-chan, who remained on the floor, sobbing. This would mark Reili's 21st consecutive victory against Milim-chan, after the latter challenged the former to a duel. I have to say that it has been an overwhelming set of defeats for Milim-chan, really. When she originally challenged Reili, she had a smug expression that expressed absolute confidence in her victory, but the way she is sobbing hopelessly right now is just pitiful.

"Milim-chan...how pitiful."

"Micchan...too sad..."

"Don't mock me nanoda!"

Even Reili seemed to begin feeling pity for Milim-chan, perhaps she expected her to be a bit more of a worthy opponent. No, I don't think Reili would think something like that, maybe she is just disappointed because she was expecting to have a bit more fun. I mean, everything they have played up till now have been board games, after all. Chess, Go, Checkers, Backgammon, Poker, those are just some limited examples of the many games they have played up till now. Milim suffered especially harsh defeats in Poker and Chess. Milim-chan's poker face was... well, you know. And in Chess, well, Reili just completely destroyed Milim in a minimal number of moves. Yeah, while Reili always loses against me when we play Chess, that's just because I am overwhelmingly strong, you know? ...Hm? That I am too full of myself? Hah?! Wanna have a go?! I'll beat you to a pulp!

*cough* *cough* Anyway... my point is that losing against me doesn't make her a bad player. Actually, I think Reili is pretty good; she is definitely above average, at the very least. This is really not me doting on my daughter, okay? She really is very good at Chess. Anyway.

Now, you may be wondering why they are playing board games... It's all part of Reili's plan!

Reili accepts your duel!

Very well noda! Let's have a streng—

But! Reili will only accept if Reili can choose the matches! And if Milim-chan accepts that the loser of every match will have to suffer a penalty chosen by the winner!

Grrrr...... fine nanoda! I will win anyway!

It went something like that.

A big reason behind this setup that Reili made was so that Milim-chan couldn't use her biggest asset—her raw physical strength—but I know my daughter too well to know that she also simply wanted to play games with Milim-chan. Yeah, because even if Reili is the one to choose the matches, there is nothing forcing her to select board games, you know? But now, why does she insist on playing board games? Well, that's because even though Milim-chan is way older than Reili, she doesn't feel that way due to her childish personality. In other words, it is the first time that Reili has had the opportunity to make a friend. That is also the very reason why she said that the loser would have to suffer penalties chosen by the winner.

Through her penalties, she has been taking actions to make the two of them grow closer. For example, after her defeat in Poker, the penalty was for Milim to allow Reili to call her Micchan, and for Milim to call her Reicchi. In other words, it was for the two of them to call themselves by nicknames, rather than by their given names. It is kind of scary how far ahead Reili planned this out in such a short amount of time.

"Wha-whaaaaaa I can't win nodaaaa!" Poor Milim-chan, she has no idea that the outcome of the duel was decided the moment she agreed to Reili's conditions.