A clean slate

Hello wattpaders! This is Avery again. I hope you like the story and follow it all the way through. Thank you so much.

Chapter 2- A clean slate

"Bye Kelly!" Bree called as she shoved her books into her locker and turned to go to her class.

Oh, I have Spanish. Lucky me!

Bree made a face and scooped up her books. Academics never bothered her but the Spanish teacher was exceptionally boring. When she'd reached halfway, she realized that she needed to grab her other text book for the lesson too.

"Drat" she cursed and went back to her locker. On her way back to class, she made a quick turn into a deserted corridor to see two boys, their backs facing her, talking gruffly.

Bree's eyes widened in panic.

Dean and Jason were there with Lee Dawson!

I'm standing 5 feet behind them!

She let out an audible involuntary gasp that caused three heads to snap towards her. Jason and Dean looked particularly threatening.

"H-hey g-guys, what's u-up?" Bree stuttered weakly.

"Nothing. We were just heading to class" Dean said immediately and the two left without a word. However, Bree sensed the volumes of silent communication between Dean, Jason and the boy standing, pressed to the wall.

Lee.

"Hey" Bree smiled tentatively at Lee, noting how he never even looked up at her. The floor seemed of utmost interest to him and he was burning his gaze into the ground.

Lee simply acknowledged her greeting silently and dashed out before she could say anything else. Bree wandered to Spanish in a daze.

"How nice of you to join us, Ms. Parker" Mr. Jackson commented dryly as Bree blushed and scurried to her seat.

*****

Bree opened her locker, just before lunch, noticing how Lee was walking alone in the crowded hallway, looking like a lost boat at sea. Suddenly some jock 'accidentally' bumped his shoulder so hard that it cause him to drop all his books.

"Sorry Bro, didn't see you there" the jock laughed obnoxiously and managed to trample over his books while leaving. Lee said and did nothing. His face was ashen but stony and expressionless. He merely bent over and picked up his books and slid them into his locker, a little farther down the hall from Bree's. She followed Kelly and Mario to the lunch table.

Lee entered the lunch hall after Bree, and got in line at the counter.

He grabbed an apple and a soda from the counter and paid for them. As he was walking to an empty seat in the cafeteria, a jock grabbed the chair and gave him a snarl. Another jock came up from behind Lee and shoved him hard. So hard that his lunch tray fell onto the ground, the apple and the soda rolling away.

Bree was preoccupied with Kelly's chatter and jumped when something touched her foot. An unopened soda can. Bree glanced up to see Lee standing with a tray and an apple near his feet and jocks all around him.

Bree's eyes were glued onto Lee as he picked up the tray and dumped it. Grabbing the apple, he silently left the cafeteria.

This was followed by loud laughter and cheering by some jocks and other students and everything went back to normal.

Bree stood up, uncertain of what she should do. Sighing, Bree turned to her friends, "I'll be right back" and left abruptly.

Once she entered the hallway, she saw Lee toss the unbitten apple into his locker and walk off. Bree followed at a safe distance.