16. Cerberus

After dealing with the "trash" as promised, Dazai, Tomie, and Chuuya were finally ready to enter the wooden house and save Q who was being kept hostage somewhere inside the house. Tomie and Dazai walked towards the entrance door of the house. They both reached for the door handle at the same time. When they realized how close their hands were to each other, they immediately halted and withdrew their hands as they side squinted at each other.

"Stop walking next to me." Tomie hissed.

"You're the one who moved toward me, Tomie." Dazai jeered.

Tomie sighed exasperatedly for the umpteenth time tonight. She suddenly kicked the door open with a loud thud, making Dazai flinch at her sudden outburst, but his calm composure quickly took over once again. Tomie turned around to face the brunette and waved her hand in the air, motioning him to back away. "If not for this job, I'd shred you to pieces, you know that? So back off a good two meters. Shoo."

Dazai shook his head and walked away, creating a distance between him and Tomie. Chuuya, who was standing behind them immediately stepped out of the way, holding his hands in the air and scowling. "Keep away from me, too."

These three were the equivalent of a plague to one another.

Dazai sighed exasperatedly and dragged his free hand down his face. "Fine. Suit yourselves."

Chuuya walked past Dazai into the house, holding his coat over his shoulder. The inside was just as expected; very dark. There was hardly any outside light coming through to illuminate it.

Looking down at the ground, Chuuya noticed a trapdoor. He lifted the door up and saw a ladder that was leading all the way down to the basement that was sitting in the belly of the building.

"Yo, Dazai," Chuuya called out the brunette's name, catching his attention. "ever heard of Petrus?"

"The flabbergastingly expensive wine," Dazai rolled his eyes as he followed.

"The night you vanished from the organization, I opened an '89 bottle in celebration. That's how sick of you I was." The ginger retorted as they each started going down the ladder that led to the basement.

"Congratulations," Dazai remarked sarcastically. "And I remember setting a bomb under your car that night,"

"Wait—" Chuuya's voice suddenly became louder and more aggravated. His brow twitched. "That was your doing?!"

Tomie remembered that moment vividly. She recalled the night as Chuuya's most valuable possession, his car, was blown to pieces right in front of his very eyes. She couldn't stop a giggle that came out of her mouth as she remembered Chuuya's devastated face.

"Ugh... I can't stand you." Chuuya groaned as he took the lead, Tomie and Dazai trailing behind him.

"Yeah well, you're no ray of sunshine either. The only thing I like about you maybe is your taste in shoes." Dazai stated, which caught Chuuya by utter surprise at the sudden compliment. He stopped in his tracks and glanced down at his shiny shoes. He blinked a couple of times. "You think?" By this point, Tomie had already walked past the two of them. Dazai jumped in front of Chuuya, skipping a few stairs. "Just kidding of course.

"Why you—?!" Now Chuuya was angry for real. He swung his leg in an attempt to kick the brunette but he effortlessly ducked and avoided his attack.