18. A White Whale, into the Oceans of Heaven

Kill everything that stands in your way.

The weak don't have the luxury to live.

That's what I've always been taught to do. It's the very principle that's been injected into my blood like drugs ever since I've stepped foot inside the gates of the Port Mafia.

I staggered through the pool of blood beneath my feet. Crimson liquid that poured out of the unfortunate souls that were ended by my hands just now. Their lives simply meant nothing to me, but if it was going to get me closer to my goal then so be it. I will gladly take them over and over again. I never knew what it's like to be weak, but I've never tasted strength, either. I think he understood that very well. I'm still nothing but a mere weakling in his eyes.

And now, my eyes are focused on the path ahead of me, inside of this giant ship, seemingly endless like a maze, each crevice covered in thick metal armor. I stomp my way over to the ex-mafia lord's new profound toy. My teeth threatened to ground to dust from how hard I was clenching my jaw just thinking about him. He was nothing but a mere fool, gifted with everything I wished for without even trying. I still couldn't understand what he has that I didn't. Just how much harder shall I work to make him acknowledge my strength like he acknowledges that Weretiger?

Today will be the day I prove myself to him. To everyone. I'll make sure of it. I'll do what it takes, even if I have to shed blood.

I find myself face to face with him. His face tells me that he's in utter shock and disturbance by my appearance. I am too. His face simply disgusts me that much.

"Akutagawa...!" He shouted and prepared to attack.

I held my ground, too. Lately I've noticed Ane-sama's infatuation with this poor excuse of a human being. I'm not letting him replace me again. Not this time. I can't lose her too.

I, Ryuunosuke Akutagawa, will prove myself worthy once and for all.

. . .

"Oh brother," Dazai sighed. "There goes Akutagawa, playing the lone wolf again. Guess it can't be helped." He spoke into the speakers, "There's no time to deal with him, Atsushi. Keep going."

"But—"

"Don't worry. Do what I say and you'll escape without a hitch." Dazai reassured.

"Akutagawa." As his mentor instructed him, Atsushi glared up at the black-haired man. He slowly reached for the device in his ear and grabbed it. "Right now, I'm linked to Dazai through this. He wants to talk to you."

Akutagawa's eyes widened in shock at the mention of his name. Suddenly, Atushi grabbed the device and tossed it to the side, to which Akutagawa immediately followed. Using Rashomon, he leaped over the rails and gripped onto the wall, leaving a trail behind his claws. He grabbed ahold of the device and spoke into it, "Dazai-san?!"

On the other side of the line, Dazai reached for the button that would cut off the line from his computer device, but before he could, a hand gripped onto his wrist out of nowhere. Dazai frantically turned around and found a familiar white-haired woman looming over him whilst he was sitting at his desk in the communications room. Her eyes were flaring with danger. It was like he was gazing into infinite pools of sorrow and despair. She snatched the speaker from him.