22. Dead Apple

6 years ago, the most violent struggle in Yokohama was "The Dragon Head Conflict", it was an underground conflict in  between various underground organizations

6 years ago, the most violent struggle in Yokohama was "The Dragon Head Conflict", it was an underground conflict in between various underground organizations. It lasted for 88 days and was labelled as the darkest conflict in Yokohama's history. The night before its conclusion, when Osamu Dazai was still in Port Mafia, Cerberus had discovered a man named Tatsuhiko Shibusawa. The head of the dragon himself. The one who brought havoc upon Yokohama.

In the present, the Armed Detective Agency was called upon to investigate the apparent suicide cases of hundreds of supernatural Ability-users around the globe, which occurred when a mysterious fog passed over their countries. The Special Operations Division deduced that this incident is tied to Shibusawa, now a self-proclaimed "Collector".

The fog that engulfed Yokohama — made by the madman, Shibusawa himself — was going to haunt every Ability-user's nightmares tonight.

Mukurotoride —also known as the Skull Fortress— was located in the heart of Yokohama. A great, high-rising, abandoned tower that overlooked the city. Its structure was nothing like what you would find in modern days. It almost looked ruined. The tower could be practically seen from anywhere in the city, rivaling the Port Mafia's incredible five towers. And tonight, it's become the white beast's lane.

Tomie gazed down at the night-fell city, engulfed by Shibusawa's thick fog. The scenery was something she's gotten used to due to the height of the Port Mafia's base, just from a different perspective, and much less clearer. It was an eerie atmosphere, yet the night was ethereal.

She felt a certain presence enter the empty room. It was heavy, cold, and overall unpleasant. Crimson gaze burned into the back of her head. She looked over her shoulder and found Shibusawa, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. A wry smirk played on his lips as he gazed at her with predatory, crimson eyes. "Enjoying yourself, 'Angel'?"

Tomie hummed in response, grinning then turning to face him. "I suppose it's a pleasant sight."

"Is that so... How would you enjoy such boring things?" The man raised his brow in curiosity. His face lacked any other expression.

"Boring?" Tomie repeated.

"Yes, boring." Shibusawa began, "A sea of white nothing-ness... A featureless world. All the Special Abilities of Yokohama will be mine tonight. Once more, those who go beyond my mind and overturn my expectations will not emerge. How boring."

"Ya know, I was bored just as you are." Tomie said.

"How did you get over it?" Shibusawa asked.

"Well, that is precisely why I'm here tonight, allying with you."

"Why's that?"