Chapter 3

1.1 Pilot

Melissa's Engagement Dinner

I was at the grill with Tabitha as I had decided to wait at the grill for Melissa and Wren's engagement dinner to start. I was currently sat down in a booth with Tabitha my black jumpsuit covered in a napkin to keep it clean. The rest of my family weren't here yet so we were having a good long catch up alongside chocolate milkshakes and fries.

Me and Tabitha were best friends since the day after Tabitha was born. Our Mom's had known each other a long time before our births. Tabby wasn't Spencer's friend as well as mine, like most of mine and my twin friendships, she was all mine and I loved that. Tabs had a younger sister called Yvonne who is 14 and a little brother called Tommy who was 4. Her siblings were like mine and I loved that she was my un-biological sis.

"So any hot boys in your classes?" Tabitha asked, as she slurped on her coke loudly and tried to keep her wavy blonde strands of hair out of her fries.

She was sporty like me and did netball, we were defenders so often talked alot while our team was attacking. She also was a very good short distance sprinter while I was better at long distance. She wanted to be an athlete when she grew up but had no idea what sport, she was good at them all. Tabby's favourites though were netball and running and excersing her lungs and jaw muscles talking to me which I also enjoyed a lot. I just hoped that whatever sport she did made her happy and successful as she deserved the absolute best in life.

"No, not really," I responded, it was true there wasn't any one really especially ones that I liked as they were pretty much all idiots ot too nerdy for there own good.

"Really, there is a hot boy in my English, Ryan, he's tall, brunette and has abs!"

"Seriously, I'll have to meet him so I can steal him off you!" I joked. She jabbed be playfully in the ribs.

"We haven't even talked yet but his voice,...it's sexy!"

I laughed at that statement, life felt so good right now I hadn't felt this way since Allison's disappearance so it felt good to properly laugh again. Suddenly, I got a text, killing the mood instantly.

Eliza
Bet it feels good to laugh like that. I bet it was how Alison felt when she destroyed your relationship. -A

I sighed annoyed no one know the real reason why me and Ali stopped being friends and I wasn't about to share it either even to Spencer, only Tabitha knew and that was that. I really didnt need want to drag up the past nor want  people to know what happened the first time me and Alison stopped being friends and I certainly didn't want this -A person to know even if it was Alison. I didn't want her to bring it up now, it happened years ago.

Tabitha glanced at me worriedly, it was unlike me to have sudden mood change especially after a text so I just gave her a small smiled and nicked a few more of her fries to get her off the sent of my worries.

"You OK?" Tabby asked, still slightly concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine just thinking about Ali that's all, still can't believe it's been a whole year." I responded, thankful she hadn't seen the text that this creepy -A had sent.

"I know," Tabitha answered, a form of understanding laced in her voice. She glanced at her phone reading a text. "I'm sorry but I gotta go as Tommy needs looking after."

I nodded letting her go. She picked up her black handbag, hugged me and walked out. We had already payed and the tip was on the table so I just rested my head on the flat, wooden surface and began to think about Alison.

Summer of 2008

It was the summer before our freshman year and me and Ali were in her house laughing about this girl, when there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Jackson, he was my ex boyfriend who had cheated on me with some blonde but I never knew who, standing on the doorstep with a bunch of flowers obviously for someone he liked.