Chapter 4

1.1 Pilot

Alison's Funeral

Today was the day of Ali's funeral. Everyone was gathered to say their last goodbyes in the church. News reporters lined the street as me, Spencer and our family walked towards the church all dressed in black, ready for the service.

As we walked up the stone steps of Rosewood's church we were greeted by Emily and her family who each hugged us sharing the same sombre expressions as us as we gathered for Ali's funeral.

Me, Spencer and Emily clasped our hands together as we walked trough the entrance of the church where we were greeted by Mrs DiLaurentis, Mr DiLaurentis and Jason, Alison's older brother who was 20, they guided us towards the front row next to where the DiLaurentis family would be situated. Hanna walked in a few minutes later with Luke and her family in tow. Me and Luke smiled in acknowledged of eachother as Hanna came to sit by me placing her black shoulder bag in her lap. Aria came a little while later gazing at Ali's picture as she to was guided towards the front row by Mrs DiLaurentis.

"Poor Ali." Emily commented as Aria sat down gazing at Ali's picture with a vast amount of sadness.

"Can you believe what a scene this is?" Hanna said with a small smile as she thought about her now dead blonde friend.

"Alison would have loved." Aria said. I nodded it was true, all the attention was on her.

"Popular in life and death." Spencer added, all of us still gazing sadly at Alison's picture.

All of a sudden, Aria got a text as Hanna gave Emily a flask knowing she needed it to get through today, we all did but Emily needed it more. It was going to be a tough day for all of us. We all looked at Aria concerned. Was it -A?

"Anyone we know?" Hanna asked, turning to Aria, all of us mirroring eachothers worried expressions.

"No, it's just my Mom sending me a text." She replied, then a look of realisation formed on her face as she turned to look at us. "Emily and I aren't the only ones who got messages from -A are we?" She concluded.

We all shook our heads. Me and Spencer both looked at each other, wondering what was going on.

There was then a huge amount of whispering in the church as someone walked in wearing extremely loud high heels and clutching her cane as she was guided to their seat by her step brother..

"Oh, my God." I said softly turning my head to look at the commotion. The girls tuned staring at shock at the sight before us.

It was a blind Jenna Marshmal walking down the aisle with Toby Cavanah guiding her. What the hell was she doing at Alison's funeral? And more importantly why? I asked myself, Ali and Jenna weren't friends so why turn up to her funeral?

The five of us turned backaround in shock as Mr and Mrs DiLaurentis sat down next to us. They were just as confused as the rest of us.

"Did you see that Jenna Marshall was here?" Mrs DiLaurentis asked us, "I didn't realise that she and Ali were friends." Surprised at the new comer to the gathering.

"They weren't." Spencer replied crisply, looking at Mrs DiLaurentis directly.

"The Lord Giveth, The Lord Taketh Away."

The funeral had begun. This was going to be a sad and long day.

.....

Me, Aria and Hanna walked arm in arm out of the church a sombre look on our faces. Spencer and Emily walked behind us sharing the same expression as they also walked arm in arm across the autumn leaves which littered the intersecting paths surrounding the church like little spects of colour on a bleak day.

"Emily." A voice called out, breaking us out of our little worlds and bringing us back to reality. "Spencer. Elizabeth.  Aria and Hanna."

"Do we know you?" I asked as I stared at the man in front of us. He looked professional and by the way he was talking it didn't seem like he was there to pay respects to Alison and the rest of her family.

"I'm Detective Wilden." He said getting something out of his suit. "I understand you were close friends with the victim."

He handed Spencer his business card, which he had taken out from his suit pocket moments before. Spencer took it and glanced up at him.

"Yeah." She said, "Yeah, we were."

"I'm going to need o talk to each one of you." Wilden explained. He was already giving me the creeps with his straight to the point behaviour. It was a bloody funeral got Christ's sake.

"We talked to the police whenAlison went missing." Spencer responded standing her ground against this annoying detective. Who did he think the was swanning about like he owned the place and everyone in it. Loser.

"And I intend to go over each and everyone of your statements.

Urgh. This dude was certainly bugging me he didn't seem to have an off switch.

"This is no longer a missing persons investigation it's a murder." He finished.

Yeah well duh of course it's not a missing persons investigation we just went to her funeral.

"Rest assured, I will find out what happened that summer."

This guy was still going on. He seriously didn't have an off switch.

After that he finally walked away I was glad. I had only known him all of 5 minutes but it didn't stop me from hating his guts.

As we watched everyone mingle with each other and leave the event our phones started buzzing.

To All
I'm still here bitches and I know everything. -A.