Chater 8

1.3 To Kill a Mocking Girl

The Bushes

"Who's idea was this again?" Hanna complained as we trekked through the bushes at the back of our homes.

"Emily's Mom." Spencer stated.

"The shed was me. My just said we should do something for us." Emily deadpanned.

"Well couldn't we do it without mosquitos?" Hanna said swatting them away. I laughed she was so dramatic sometimes.

"They're not mosquitos they are gnats." Aria added.

"What ever! They're still small and annoying, and they're flying up my nose." Hanna went on, not liking the atmosphere at all while I just laughed at her dramatics.

I was glad of the distraction from home Melissa wasn't really talking to Spencer and Mom wasn't being the greatest help either and Dad was the same. I had slept at Luke and Hanna's the last two nights and Tabs's the night before that to get away from the arguing.

"Why do I feel like we are going to wrong way?" Emily asked as we neared a tall tree that I instantly recognised as the half way point.

"No. I recognise the tree. It's the half way point." Spencer said, echoing my thoughts. "There's 136 steps left to the shed." Seriously thats a lot of detail.

"Have you been out here since Alison?" I questioned my twin, skepital as how she knew the exact number of steps to the shed.

"Me? No. No way." Spencer defended.

"But you remember that tree?" Aria added in as we stopped all of us looking at Spencer.

"You guys, it's not even that weird. I mean we came out here every day in eighth grade, even after." Hanna said defending Spence.

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this." My older sister stated.

I started to zone out as Emily and Spencer started to disagree but thankfully neither going into a full on argument.

I decided to text Luke to see about this party and as Tabitha was with her family in Texas this week for some funeral so it meant I was stuck with Luke and Harry as a destraction from the girls and my family. I opened up my phone to see he had already messaged.

To Eliza:
Hey the party starts at 9 so can u arrive at 8 pls. Harry and Joey are also setting up with me as well as Olivia so pls come early so I don't have to watch or hear there make out sesh
Luke

I laughed at that. Olivia and Harry were cute but they did tend to express there love for one another rather publicly.

To Luke:
Hey I will arrive at 8. Can I kip over at yours after so I don't have to drunkenly walk through the door and can drink as much as I want as I won't be collapsing into the road on the way home?

To Eliza:
Yh thats fine you can always stay in Hanna's room I'm sure she won't mind. Don't drink too much tho I don't want to have to deal with a drunk u.

I chuckled at that.

To Luke:
Hey! I'm not that bad and any way you are way worse.

To Eliza:
As if!

I laughed again at the message as Hanna came over peering over my phone to see who I was messaging.