Rendezvous At The Karsten Manor

The Lion Crest could be seen riding the winds atop a mansion. In front of this large and extravagant mansion, which was second only to the royal palace, were two men. The blonde one was deep in thought while the red-haired one was talking to the guards.

'Wow...So this is the Karsten manor. I must say I am impressed, this is even larger than our London estate. And while on my walk here I was able to get a basic picture of this world and also about magic, thanks to Reinhard.'

'To summarise everything, this world is made of 4 nations - Lugunica, Vollachia, Gusteko and Kararagi. I am currently in the capital city of the Dragon kingdom of lugunica. 400 years ago, an evil entity, known as the witch of envy destroyed half of the world, which was known as the Great Calamity, before being sealed away by the 3 heroes. After that, the king of Lugunica formed a covenant with one of the heroes, the divine dragon Volcanica to protect the kingdom from its enemies. It's still kinda unbelievable that one person destroyed half the world...then again this is wonderland we are talking about.'

William sighed. This was a lot to take in and he was burned out. If he were to guess, he hadn't slept in 2 or 3 days.

' As for magic, it wasn't like I imagined it to be but still extremely useful.
People can have one of six affinities - Fire, water, wind, earth, yin and yang, which enable them to use the magic of their affinity more efficiently. Reinhard mentioned that I had an affinity for yin magic which is really rare so most of the spells are lost in time. He also mentioned that I had high "spirit affinity" so that I can "contract spirits to do magic" whatever that means. Hah this really is a rough start. Well, I do love hard challenges, it makes things fun!. Come at me with everyth-'

Reinhard: Sorry for interrupting your thoughts, but I have arranged to meet with lady Karsten, you might want to compose yourself.
He spoke with a small smile

William: Ahh, umm... of course. y-yeah let's make haste.
' Was I making a weird face... Ahh this fantasy world is really breaking me apart'

He took a deep breath and composed himself. Still, he was excited.

William: Ok, lead the way Reinhard, we have a case to solve.

Smiling back at him
Reinhard: Of course.

As they were walking,
William: So what sort of person is Crusch Karsten?

Reinhard: She is the current matriarch of the house of Karsten, which has been recognised as one of the most faithful supporters of the Lugunican monarchy. Currently, she holds the title of duchess. Other than that she is a renowned military leader and is known for her righteousness. My close friend serves as her knight.

William: I see... She seems like a very respectable person.

They were standing in front of the door to crusch's study.

Reinhard: It's better if I go in first to explain everything. Please wait here.

William: Is it about the person you misunderstood me for? Umm, Fourier, I believe?

Reinhard: sigh. Nothing gets past you does it? I will be quick.

Saying so Reinhard entered and closed the door behind him
William slightly chuckled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crusch's study

Crusch: Welcome Sir Reinhard. Ferris is currently not present here. He should come back soon though.

Sitting behind a desk in front of him was a beautiful woman probably in her early 20s. She wore a navy blue uniform and was emanating an aura of authority and dignity that could make someone listen to her if she told so.

Bowing low
Reinhard: it's a pleasure to meet you, lady Karsten. Thank you for your time, Though today I am here to meet you, there is something important I need to discuss.

Both held serious faces

Crusch: I understand what your saying. So does that mean your mission was a success?

Reinhard: Not yet, but I have found someone who can assist me in it. His skills are nothing to be looked down upon. So I was hoping you could lend us a room.

The room was filled with an awkward silence while Crush raised an eyebrow and stared at Reinhard with an amused look. She wanted to see how long it will take him to realise. It's not every day that you get to tease the sword saint.

Several seconds passed until he figured out what he has said.
Reinhard: uhh.. w-what I meant to say... Is umm.. you know... to discu-

Reinhard was a mess and was having a hard time finding the words. Why doesn't he have a divine protection for this kind of situation?

Crusch let out a small giggle.
'Ferris was right. Teasing him is quite fun.

In a serious tone,
Crush: you want a place to discuss with your help, isn't it? It can be arranged, but you do understand that this matter is of national importance, right? Also, why did you choose to come here?

Reinhard: I understand. You need not worry, lady Karsten. I have already made sure of his intentions and he doesn't seem to hold any ill intent. As for his skill, we have to wait and see, but I am confident that he will be of great help.

Crush closed her eyes and listened to his reasons.
'It seems he values this person highly.

Reinhard: As for why I brought him here, there is something I would like to discuss with you. This is a really sensitive matter so I would appreciate it if you would keep this to yourself.

Crush gave a slight nod in approval.

Reinhard: I have reasons to believe that he cou-

?: Fourier!!! nya Ferris missed you!!
?: ehhh!!!

And a crash could be heard.

Reinhard: William!!?
But before he could get the door crusch dashed

Crusch: n-no way

They were met with a very much confused William who had been tackled to the ground and a crying Ferris on his chest.

Ferris: Ferris... c-couldn't save... Ferris is... S-sorry...s-sorry...