A Case For The Consultant

I am really sorry for the late update for those expecting. I was really busy with my exams. But now I am free for a while so i PROBABLY would update regularly( major procrastinator warning). As usual would appreciate suggestions. I reaaaaally( Emilia voice) need them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?: Shamak!!

A plume of smoke erupted and covered the courtyard. Though barely noticeable, it was somewhat contained. This smoke, blacker than black, as black as the world eaten by The Witch, creates this stark terror in you than can crush your heart... if it had lasted more than a second...

As the smoke cleared, a blonde man could be seen standing in the centre, before he collapsed, face first. A maide- GUY with feline characters crouched near him, with a cross expression. He looked merciless. But the one face-planted wouldn't know that.

William: werp...

Ferris: eh? Nyou need my help? Oh, of course! Its not like I had warned nyou a hundred times not to push yourself and you just chose to ignore it. Wait, i did. hmph. If it weren't for me you would have already kicked the bucket. You should be grateful to Ferris and LISTEN to what he says. You have an underdeveloped gate, barely any mana, an affinity that's almost lost to time, and zero experience in magic. You shouldn't push yourself so hard.

William was still face-planted and Ferris showed no indication of helping him. It was unclear whether he was listening to or not, but if you really squint your eyes, you could see that William was getting smaller smaller.

Ferris: sigh. Now listen up your gate is like that of a small baby. If you force it too much, it will break and you wont be able to do magic ever again. Even my healing has a limit. And that's not even the worst part, it could lead to mana poisoning and you-would-go poof~~

William: zooh?

Oh, he is listening.

Ferris: And then there's your mana reserve. Its soo small that you would literally get squeezed like a grapefruit if you did an El- level. You had already fainted twice and it was NOT because you begged on all fours to Great Sir Ferris that he pumped some mana into you, but it was that Ferris couldn't let himself to see your depressed and grumpy four-year-old-self. But that doesn't mean...

Ferris was going on and on while William was still face-planted. It has already been 10 minutes. Ferris was rather passionate when it came to health and injuries. Despite his cheerful appearances, you do not want to ignore him when he "advices" you. William was still face-planted but he could feel the knife move closer to his neck with each word.

?: That's enough Ferris, he gets it now... probably.

The one came to his rescue was the verdant haired duchess, Crusch Karsten who was enjoying her break, sipping some tea and watching William practice magic. She has to say it that his determination was just otherwordly. Motivating too. And it was not some stubborn " I can do it too", he was practicing to produce results. Most would have given up in his place. He had amazed her from the start and continued to amaze her. It made her smile. But right now she was trying her hardest not to laugh. She knows that she is not supposed to, William was trying his best and Ferris was worrying a lot about his health. But the image of a Ferris crouching near a face-planted William, speed talking, was just too much.

Ferris: sigh I am letting you off the hook for now, ONLY because Miss Crusch said so. YOU better thank her.

William: *random gibberish*

Crusch: pfftt! ahaha your welcome. Wilhelm do go help them out.

She let out cute giggles. She couldn't hold it in anymore. and she didn't care that she couldn't. Wilhelm, who had been standing beside Crusch, walked over to Ferris who was healing the still face-planted William, with a smile on his face. The mansion certainly was livelier. Over his stay in the manor, he mostly kept studying, in his room or in the library. Even so he made time to interact with all the residents of the manor, be it in chit-chat or with help. Though Wilhelm really wanted to have a duel with William, upon the discovery of the latter's hidden sword and his skills in using it. Though the drama that it caused was a bit too much.