5

The marketplace isn't far from the castle grounds. From what Techno can see whilst being dragged, you simply take a right and down a cobblestone path. The town is beautiful, to say the least. The buildings all look the same, two story houses at the highest, one at the lowest. Wood pillars hold up roofs and walls in a very barn-looking way. Each building has a triangle-shaped roof with a single chimney at the top. The roofs are gray with slate, a medieval style.

Wooden wagons drag horses that almost run into them, yet they also greet the two like they're old friends. Then there's wooden wagons with no horses, they're just stocked with food people are selling. Tents are set up all over the place with tables where people sell various items like jewelry, dolls that are handmade, everything that comes to mind. Some people just sell blankets, normal things.

In a strange way, it reminds Technoblade of a home he once knew. A place he had lived in for so long before the voices took over. When he had come to, the village was on fire, bodies surrounding houses. It was terrible, it was the first massacre at his fault. He didn't even know his own strength, and that incident had reminded him just how strong he really was as a god.

He feels sad here.

"Hey, how far away is this – sorry – Tubbo guy?" Techno asks and apologizes to somebody he ran into due to Tommy in the middle of the sentence.

"Just around the corner," Tommy answers gleefully and takes a sharp turn. Techno almost falls over, he stumbles on the ground and is quick to right himself again. Almost as soon as they turn, they stop. Techno falls to the ground from lack of momentum.

"Gods dammit, Tommy," Techno murmurs and lifts himself up to his feet. Well, now his pants are torn at the knees where bloody scrapes are visible, and his hands are all bloody.

"That's my bad," Tommy sucks in a sharp breath and pats him on the back, "It's right here."

"How can you even tell? These houses all look the same," Techno rolls his eyes and glances at the houses around him.

"I just can," Tommy protests and strides up to the door, giving it a confident knock.

They wait for a few moments, allowing Tubbo to open the door. When he does, it's held back by a makeshift chain.

"Tommy!" Tubbo smiles and looks at Techno, wrinkling his nose, "Who's that?"

"Technoblade," Tommy answers happily and gestures to the blood god standing awkwardly.

"Oh."

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. I just fell, this is my blood," Techno chuckles awkwardly and wipes his hands full of bloody cuts on his pants.

"Alright then," Tubbo murmurs suspiciously and closes the door. Techno thinks that for a moment he's been rejected, until the door is opened fully again. "You can come inside."

"Thanks, Tubs!" Tommy flashes a bright smile and takes Techno's hand yet again, this time more gently.

He drags the pink-haired man inside through the small house, although it has two stories. Tubbo moves to the kitchen, throwing on an apron.

"Say, Technoblade, do you know how to cook?" Tubbo smirks and looks at the man standing awkwardly by the door.

"Oh, gods," Tommy murmurs and throws himself onto the extremely battered-up couch by the door.

"No?" Techno answers, unsure of what's about to happen exactly.

"Well, get over here then. I'll teach you, yeah?" Tubbo throws him an apron that he hastily catches. He reluctantly puts it over his waist, trying to tie it.