7

Technoblade reaches the castle grounds after what feels like hours, and he goes straight to the kitchen. The guards greet him as he passes inside. He moves through the corridors, dodging maids and servants with a delicate apology. When Techno reaches the kitchen, he peeks his head inside to see Kristin.

"Excuse me, Your Majesty," Technoblade greets her, calling her attention.

Kristin turns around and smiles when she sees him. Oh, how Technoblade wishes he could smile like that. A kind, loving smile.

"Technoblade, thank you very much," Kristin thanks him with a nod as he hands her the cabbage. He gives her a small bow with his hands behind his back.

"It's my pleasure, Your Majesty."

"Please, just call me Kristin, while I do appreciate it," Kristin laughs kindly, eyes squinting as she does.

"Well, if you wish, Kristin," Techno nods and stands straight again. "I'll be going now."

"Have a good day, Technoblade!" Kristin flashes a smile again.

What a kind woman, the voices say, the first one we might just spare.

Technoblade wishes her well, and walks to the door.

When he steps out, the end of a silver sword is being pointed at him. One he recognizes. Without bothering to look at the opponent's face his instincts take over. Swiftly, he grabs the blade of the sword, drawing blood on his palm, and forces the other's arm to the side. Using the opportunity, he places his hand on the back of his enemy's head, slamming it against the wall. Now whoever it is is pinned to the wall, but he doesn't expect it to be who it is.

"Tommy?" Techno murmurs and releases the boy from his grip, who had cried out previously.

"Gods, what the hell was that, Techno?" Tommy winces and rubs the front of his head where it hit the wall. Techno steps back with a frown.

"Defense, Tommy. What were you thinking coming up to me with a gods damned sword?" Techno pinches the bridge of his nose, his eyes screwed shut as he sighs.

"Well, I thought if I did, you would teach me to fight!" Tommy protests and picks his sword that was knocked out of his hand.

Techno snatches the sword back and holds it by his side. "Well, rule number one: don't approach people with swords. Rule number two: fix your stance. And, rule number three: don't you ever use my sword."

"You never use it anyways, so why does it matter?" Tommy pouts and crosses his arms. He's quick to follow Technoblade when he starts to walk down the corridors.

"Because it's mine, Tommy." Techno peeks into his room and sets the sword by the door. "Now, follow me if you want training."

Tommy does as he's told, quick to follow Technoblade. He's faster than him just by walking and occasionally he flies for a short time to catch up. They walk to the garden, by the willow tree. Technoblade and grabbed two bamboo sticks on the way, about the length of a sword.

"Take this," Techno demands and stuffs one stick in Tommy's hand without warning. He scrambles to catch it and sets it right in his small hands.

Technoblade seems grumpy as he instructs him what to do, which makes Tommy all the more nervous. Usually he just sees Techno as strict, not mean. Today, however, he seems grumpy. Techno isn't mean, he's just grumpy today, is what Tommy tells himself.

He's not angry with me, is he? Tommy wonders, becoming distracted. I hope he isn't.

"Focus," Techno orders, ruffling the boy's hair. Tommy grumbles under his breath, but he does grip the stick harder.