Chapter 24 - Homebound Honey

Hey!

You better say it back...

-----------------------

"Explain to me again, WHAT HAPPENED?" you said in a tone more urgent than you usually spoke.

Fuutaro explained that Nino and Itsuki got into some kind of fight and they both left the apartment, seemingly ambiguous about where exactly they were each going to go. Knowing how stubborn both of these idiot girls were this situation wasn't going to have cut and clean solution.

"Alright, so we have no clue where either of them are right?" you sighed, "Hang tight, I'm coming over to the apartment. I'll be over in 10"

Before Fuutaro could question you, you hung up the phone and slipped it into your pocket before lowering your helmet onto your head once again.

"Well, let's see how hard I can push this bike" you grinned to yourself before revving your vehicle and launching down the road. Obviously you were in a hurry, but not enough to be arrested so you travelled as fast as legally possible.

----

Upon arriving at the apartment, you parked your bike in their apartment's reserved garage space, the receptionist knew you well enough to allow you to do so.  

Something you probably should have done before you left was call Nino, you decide to just do it now but it instantly stops ringing, the immediate cause was her phone was set to Do Not Disturb which pissed you off slightly as it just made things harder, the thought of calling Itsuki crossed your mind but in all honesty you were much more concerned about Nino and decided to let the others handle Itsuki.

After parking up you made your way into the reception.

"It's a nice bike Y/N! It really suits you" the Receptionist glowed.

With the way she spoke you couldn't help but be a little embarrassed and the Security Guard clearly picked up on this. 

"Hey take it easy on the kid, don't embarrass him. But Y/N, you gotta let me check out your bike at some point, it looks awesome"

"For sure, I might be busy for a little while, that's why I'm here in the first place anyways" you sighed, leaning against the wall.

"What's the issue?" they both asked.

"Did you see 2 girls run through here earlier, 2 of the quintuplets to be specific"

"Yeah, not too long ago. Maybe an hour at most. The one with Ribbons left first, then the one with the star pins left about 5 minutes afterwards.

"Jesus... these two idiots really stress out my mental wellbeing"

Both the Receptionist and the Security Guard laughed at your anguish as you waved goodbye to them and headed up to the Quints apartment.

Ichika opened the door with an initial solemn look on her face but it lightens up a bit when she realises it's you.

"Hey" you greet her.

"H-Hey, I'm surprised to see you here so quick" she responded.

"Well when my girlfriend's involved, I tend to take things a tad more urgently. Are the others inside?"

"Yeah, come on in" she gestured inside.

Fuutaro, Yotsuba and Miku were all sitting at the sofa seemingly brainstorming. 

"Not heard anything yet?" you call out to them, they all turn towards you.

"Woah Y/N! how are you already here!?" Yotsuba said seeming bewildered.