Chapter 36 - Recognize Me

I have a little to speak about at the end.  I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

----------------------------------------

As you awoke for the second day at the Inn, things seemed to have calmed down from last night. Before you'd gotten downstairs it looked like Fuutaro had gotten the same treatment as that guy from their Grandfather. Fuutaro was pretty shaky on the details but apparently that Itsuki who you presumed to be Miku before she ran off, told Fuutaro that they should "end this teacher-student relationship" which concerned you because you were half of their tutor!

In any case, it seemed that today was not going to be as laid back as you'd hoped. With Nino MIA all morning, you ate breakfast with Raiha and Isanari

"Say, Y/N. What are you thinking about to be screwing your face that hard when eating cereal?" Isanari asked you as he laughed, making you quickly correct your facial expression.

"It's nothing." you continued to shovel cereal into your mouth as did Raiha, the latter actually being quite the bottomless pit when it came to eating.

The plan was to hit the hot springs after eating as you never got the chance to go yesterday. It may not be under the night sky but still, a hot spring is a hot spring.

The Main Hall is where food was eaten, it was a very large room but you never saw more than 9 people in it at once. Regardless, what Miku said to Fuutaro was making you very curious. You wondered why she only said it to him even though you were talking with her earlier.

Your train of thought came to a halt as you realised your spoon wasn't picking up any more cereal as you stared off into the distance. "So. What are you guys gonna do today?" you asked Raiha and her dad.

Isanari pulled a map brochure out of her back pocket and laid it on the table. "We're gonna go and sightsee for today" he pointed out various spots on a map "Then probably come back and hit the hot springs in the evening" he ruffled Raiha's hair who just seemed happy to be eating a big bowl of cereal.

"I can't wait!" Raiha smiled. "I wish onii-chan would come but he said he's busy. He seemed to be in a hurry to talk to Itsuki" Her eyes stared at the milk in her cereal bowl before she resumed eating.

"He was trying to talk to her? Do you know why?"

Raiha shook her head. "He took my phone and crouched into a corner of the room, whispering on the phone so I have no idea" Her spoon made an audible clunk against the side of the bowl. "Dad! Can I get some more cereal please?" she asked.

Isanari laughed. "Go right ahead" he gestured as Raiha hopped out of her chair and went to go and get another bowl. You took that as an opportunity to stand up and finally start your day.

"Well. I hope you guys have a good time. I'm about to try these hot springs for myself" Letting your arms flex out in front of you and push your fingers together, creating a nice crack in your joints as you put your bowl on the counter and waved goodbye to the Uesugi's, you left the main hall and made your way over to the hot springs.

There was the male bath and the female bath but also the mixed bath in between. Judging by the possibility that you were more likely to bathe with Maruo in the men's bath, you chose to head towards the mixed bath instead.

Everyone had a head-start over you as most of the group seemed to have entered the batts yesterday, even though you'd been through this on the field trip a few months ago it felt different this time for whatever reason. There was no telling what kind of people there would be in the mixed bath.

Hesitantly, but with the will to actually enjoy the hot springs provided to you, you cautiously undressed and slid open the door into the mixed bath.

"Oh about that..." A woman's voice could be heard as you forcefully slid the door open, but to your surprise, the only person who was currently in the mixed bath was Fuutaro who instantly attempted to submerge himself in the bath as you appeared.