Chapter 32 - Downtime

Trying to get back into the groove of things, hope it lasts...

---------------------

"Haha" Raiha giggled. "You guys looked so silly running into the school together!"

Currently you sat on a bench in the school playground rubbing your head where Nino dealt some serious damage previously. She'd caught you as you entered the school gates to collect Raiha. As nice as getting a warm hug from Raiha was, it barely balanced out the throbbing pain you felt on the back of your skull.

"Y/N Onii-chan? what did you do to make Nino Onee-chan angry?"

Nino crouched down to be level with Raiha. "Y/N Onii-chan was being an idiot" Nino told her.

"Nino Onee-chan is just a bully Raiha." you retorted which earned you a scary look from your girlfriend.

Raiha looked between you both. "Please don't fight!" she exclaimed.

You pat her head. "Don't worry sport, we don't fight do we babe?"

"I can't believe you got a girlfriend" Raiha said happily. "I'm so happy for you!"

Nino smiled at you. "Thank you Raiha, he has his problems but he's pretty great"

"Hey! what do you mean by problems?" you frowned. "The only problem I have is being the more attractive one in the relationship" you brushed a hand through your hair.

Nino fixed her gaze onto you and raised a fist "Do you want another one?"

"No ma'am" you conceded.

"So why did both of you come today?" Raiha asked.

"Ah, well your brother got caught up in a meeting with a teacher so he asked me to come pick you up and Nino tagged along." 

"That's right" Nino confirmed.

"She came along because she can't bare 10 minutes without me" you unnecessarily added.

Raiha gasped. "Y/N onii-chan don't be so mean!"  she hit you on the leg.

"I'm really getting abused today huh" you groaned. "Well c'mon girls, let's head home"

All three of you leave the school grounds, Raiha walked between the two of you, holding each of your hands. Oddly this felt really familial. Maybe one day this would be your actual kid between you and Nino, you look at her and she looks back at you and smiles, for some reason your heart skips a beat like it was the first time you met her.

"What?" she smiled at you.

You glance down at Raiha then back to Nino. "Later" you smile to her.

"Idiot..." she laughs.

Raiha looked up puzzled at you both but then she had a spark of an idea.

"Y/N onii-chan!"

"Yeah sport? what is it?"

"We learned about volcanos in school today!" the excitement

"Volcanos huh? You think I'd survive lava babe?" you turn to Nino who looked at you like you were an idiot.

"Hopefully not." she scoffed.

"Bully..." you say extremely quietly under your breath.

The three of you continued to walk all the way to Fuutaro's house, laughing and chatting along the way. "What's my brother like when he tutors you all?" Raiha suddenly looked up at Nino.

"Oh... he's um... well..." Nino was scrambling for a way to not cuss out her older brother right in front of her. 

"He's.... thorough"